'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

Just processed a trade between cowboys and texans.  Texans move up to 164  and send 171 and 248 to Cowboys.  AJ Dillon from BC is the pick.  I've thought Dillon to be undervalued and he'll learn the craft behind a barely functional David & Duke Johnson.  

I have faith in my guy's evals each year... he deviates from the norm and has been correct more often thru the years with some of his off-the grid projections.  Here is what he says about Dillon: 
 A.J. DILLON - BOSTON COLLEGE  -  He has jumped up for me. Yes I watched him run in a weaker league. But still he is a bruising running back. He is a bigger version of Jonathan Taylor. Taylor being 5' 11" and 220 lbs but Dillon is 6' 0"  and 250 lbs. Taylor ran a 4.39 forty and Dillon at that weight ran a 4.53 forty. For that weight that is an A+ for a running back. And vertical is 41 inches. OK!! And a broad jump of 131". End of Story. Dillon is also a wonderful blocker and an alright receiver. His game is right up the middle and can take the ball multiple times a game. Now we just watched Tennessee going far with Derrick Henry so this is a plus for A.J.. So yeah A.J. had a nice year, but imagine if he had a good offensive line. He had nearly 1700 yards in 318 attempts in 12 games which  is not shabby. Shabby that is fantastic. Plus, with 14 TDS and a 5.3 average.  LATE 1ST ROUND GRADE for this Punisher of a running back. And nobody is rating him this high. 

AJ-Dillon-Getty-1280x720.jpg

We are now mid-way thru round 5... Let's keep it moving and make sure we get into round 6 before days end.

@darin3  OTC   @green machine on deck

Edited by dcat

If the Eagles just stay and pick like I am doing in this mock, I'd be really stoked if this was their haul

EaglesPeteC Jalen Reagor TCU WR
EaglesPeteC Jeremy Chinn S. Illinois S
EaglesPeteC Logan Wilson Wyoming LB
EaglesPeteC Jonah Jackson Ohio St. IOL
EaglesPeteC Michael Ojemudia Iowa CB
EaglesPeteC James Proche SMU WR
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

If the Eagles just stay and pick like I am doing in this mock, I'd be really stoked if this was their haul

EaglesPeteC Jalen Reagor TCU WR
EaglesPeteC Jeremy Chinn S. Illinois S
EaglesPeteC Logan Wilson Wyoming LB
EaglesPeteC Jonah Jackson Ohio St. IOL
EaglesPeteC Michael Ojemudia Iowa CB
EaglesPeteC James Proche SMU WR

Nice draft there!

Jets fans so want the Eagles to trade up to 11. But not me. No way.  I'm not like them.  I want the jets to keep that 11.

I have to look at some Chinn.  He's been a riser. Some fellow Jets fans turned me on to Wilson last fall.  Nice pick. And all I can say is that Jonah Jackson falling the stock market did as the pandemic hit.  Pundits running like rats  off a sinking ship backtracking on all the hype he was getting back when.  I have no clue what's going on with that.  Thanks for joining.

Edited by dcat

Not a ton of value in receivers at this point, but I told myself I would alternate offense and defense, so I took the Lipscomb.  Went back and forth between him, Cephus, and Joe Reed, but I went with Lipscomb because he had better production, consistently, was a local product, and had the fewest glaring weaknesses.  He's a depth pick anyway.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Once 8pm tonight hits I'm out...lol Pats will have tons of picks left, you can just skip them. They don't deserve them anyway

yeah that's what I was figuring.  Tonight's draft will alter the rest of the rounds so I'm inclined to hang this up at 8:00pm.  If we can finish 6 rounds, it is more than expected considering we had nearly a 4 day delay in starting up.