Week 3 Other Games

1ForTheThumb

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Pats would light up that D. I'm also not sold that Mariota could come into Foxboro in the playoffs and win. He's hardly been impressive this year.

After watching what DeShaun Watson did to this defense behind a patchwork OL and little help from his RBs, I really think the Titans offense could dictate tempo and run the ball down the Pats' throats, opening up playaction downfield for Mariota (whom I think you're not giving enough credit).

5 minutes ago, Starless said:

After watching what DeShaun Watson did to this defense behind a patchwork OL and little help from his RBs, I really think the Titans offense could dictate tempo and run the ball down the Pats' throats, opening up playaction downfield for Mariota (whom I think you're not giving enough credit).

With a healthy Hightower, Rowe and Gilmore, and more experience for the young DL, today's game would have been a rout. Especially against a worse D.

Now, obviously, we can't assume health. But the Titans' WR group is worse than Houston's, Walker is their best threat and I trust Chung to handle him pretty well. And Tennessee's defense is miles worse than Houston.

Today's game was a struggle because of injuries on D, inexperience and the Pats' offense's inability to stay on the field in the 2nd half. I don't think any of those will be issues in a potential matchup in January vs. the Titans. I think the Pats would win 34-21 or something like that. They put up 36 points on a very good Houston D with almost no contribution from the RB's.  I don't think Tennessee could keep up and they would have to get away from Murray.

Also - O'Brien/Crennel/Vrabel/Welker being coaches on the Houston side gives them an advantage that Mularkey (who IMO is a poor coach) won't have.

3 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Hopefully this week will slow down the "Adam Gase is a good coach" nonsense. When your team comes out totally flat against the worst team in the NFL, you have issues.

I'd chalk it up to the Dolphins being bad in northern road games, but it was 85 degrees in East Rutherford today.

Archived