2020 Draft: Day One

pwny

I feel like if they're smart, they'll get a deal done today for Yan, move up from 20, and probably move up from 42 as well.

End up with four top 35 players.

But we also know that they're not the smartest.

Edited by pwny

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I feel like if they're smart, they'll get a deal done today for Yan, move up from 20, and probably move up from 42 as well.

That Yan trade is so damn tricky with the signing of the tender+him agreeing to a contract though.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That Yan trade is so damn tricky with the signing of the tender+him agreeing to a contract though.

There are a lot of moving parts, but they've also had months to get everything set up for a draft day trade. They really should be significantly ahead of where they reportedly are now. Gotta hope they've just kept certain things hushed. But I'd guess it's not probable to happen.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

There are a lot of moving parts, but they've also had months to get everything set up for a draft day trade. They really should be significantly ahead of where they reportedly are now. Gotta hope they've just kept certain things hushed. But I'd guess it's not probable to happen.

Yeah.  There's been plenty of time to have got a deal mostly in place by now.  But if it hasn't happened yet, i'm not sure it happens tonight unless it's basically already set, but contingent on a certain player(s) being available somewhere.  With all the moving pieces to sort out that'd be a difficult enough trade normally.  Now you're adding in all the complications of "virtual war rooms" and all that...it just doesn't seem like a trade that's gonna happen during the first round.

I could really see it being a deal that gets done after the 1st round tonight though.  For a 2021 pick (hopefully), or some disappointing package of Day 2 pick +.  Once things sorta close up for the evening and teams are sitting around realizing just how thin this draft is for quality impact edge rushers...i could see that putting some pressure and urgency on teams to make that splash.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  There's been plenty of time to have got a deal mostly in place by now.  But if it hasn't happened yet, i'm not sure it happens tonight unless it's basically already set, but contingent on a certain player(s) being available somewhere.  With all the moving pieces to sort out that'd be a difficult enough trade normally.  Now you're adding in all the complications of "virtual war rooms" and all that...it just doesn't seem like a trade that's gonna happen during the first round.

I could really see it being a deal that gets done after the 1st round tonight though.  For a 2021 pick (hopefully), or some disappointing package of Day 2 pick +.  Once things sorta close up for the evening and teams are sitting around realizing just how thin this draft is for quality impact edge rushers...i could see that putting some pressure and urgency on teams to make that splash.

2nd this year and a 1st next year I could get behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It'd be nice to get a deal done for Yan.  But the way this draft looks to me...i wouldn't be moving assets to move up from 42.  I think moving up from 20 sounds like something worth examining, depending on how the board is falling.  I think that gets you into that range of the ~Top-15 or so prospects on the board, where it falls off a bit after that for me.  Right now we're just on the other side of a drop-off i think, depending how many "surprises" we have.  Barring that or a faller i love at 20 though...i'd almost be leaning toward just moving back if you can and loading up as many picks as you can find in that early 2nd sort of range that looks like the meat of value in that next tier to me.