Undrafted Free Agent Thread

tyler735

Figure since our draft is likely done may as well start getting ready for the next phase of the process, Undrafted Free Agent's. Historically we have done well in this regard and have found some diamond's in the rough.

One guy to keep an eye on is Kirk Merritt who as of now still hasn't been drafted. He is a Louisiana native and was a pretty big recruit coming into college a few years back. He got himself into trouble back in 2017 and was dismissed from his team. I don't believe he has gotten into any trouble since, but there are obviously some red flags. 

In terms of athleticism, he ranks near the top of a loaded WR class if not at the top. At 6' 215lbs here are some of his workout numbers:

• 4.33 in the 40-yard dash (2nd among combine WRs)
  • 4.02 in the 20-yard shuttle (1st among combine WRs)
  • 45.5-inch vertical jump (1st among combine WRs)
  • 23 bench press reps (1st among combine WRs)
  • 11’3” broad jump (3rd among combine WRs
Edited by tyler735

Priorities should be Receiver, DBs and a Quarterback. Could really see us signing a QB in Free Agency and bring in an UDFA like Gordon. Man trade away Warford and use the 8 million to have Jameis Winston as a backup for one year. Worked out great with Teddy and he would definitely be a backup that could bridge a period of time like last year. The big question is whether he is satisfied with a clear backup role or wants to compete for the starting position somewhere

1 minute ago, whodatOL said:

Just traded back up and picked a QB from Miss State. Heard from him, that he could be a Taysom Hill 2.0, but thats about it for him. Doesn`t even have a NFL Draft profile... :D

Yeah saw that could be an exciting guy to develop much like we did with Taysom

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Sounds like we may gotten a pretty solid MLB in Joe Bachie

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joe-bachie?id=32194241-4327-0111-97d1-5cf69e400f71

I didn’t read that profile as “pretty solid”  cause it says the action needs to come to his living room if he’s gonna make a play. Lol... it did make me laugh though 

should be a good camp body nonetheless 

Some solid undrafted signings so far for us. Had we not traded all our picks away for today and we grabbed guys like Marquez Callaway, Malcolm Roach, and Joe Bachie with our 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks, I would have been happy with those picks. To get those guys undrafted is crazy!

• Like 1