NFL has cut preseason games from 4 to 2.

Trentwannabe

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

If there is a season and if fans are allowed, it’ll still be minimal and probably just local season ticket holders.

Canadians won’t be able to go and NY is requiring at least a handful of states civilians to quarantine for 14 days before being allowed to go anywhere. 

Canada borders will likely continue to stay closed based on all the new cases rapidly happening in the US. 

As for 14 day quarantine that is something you consider volunteer as no one is going to be able to keep track of someone to quarantine themselves for 14 days. If people are incapable of following simple rules of wearing a mask then there is no way people will be willing to quarantine themselves for 14 days by choice.

Just curious on what people think, would you rather have the season start on time and be the normal length of the season but no fans allowed at the stadiums? or would you rather the season start late and be only 12 games long if fans are allowed at games?

If the league decides to not have fans I do hope they come up with a better way to watch the games other then have to pay Direct tv for the nfl ticket. I am hoping that they set something up where you can pay to stream your team or offer some other option? It is tough because of the tv rights but the right thing to do is come up with a compromise.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Canada borders will likely continue to stay closed based on all the new cases rapidly happening in the US. 

As for 14 day quarantine that is something you consider volunteer as no one is going to be able to keep track of someone to quarantine themselves for 14 days. If people are incapable of following simple rules of wearing a mask then there is no way people will be willing to quarantine themselves for 14 days by choice.

That's why I think they won't have fans or at the very least limit it to Buffalo/NY season ticket holders only.

22 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just curious on what people think, would you rather have the season start on time and be the normal length of the season but no fans allowed at the stadiums? or would you rather the season start late and be only 12 games long if fans are allowed at games?

If the league decides to not have fans I do hope they come up with a better way to watch the games other then have to pay Direct tv for the nfl ticket. I am hoping that they set something up where you can pay to stream your team or offer some other option? It is tough because of the tv rights but the right thing to do is come up with a compromise.

I am lucky where I am as every Bills game is on my regular cable. For everyone else though, the NFL should absolutely do something where a free streaming option for your team is available. I personally would just want to see 16 games without fans. Maybe by playoff time the vaccine is accessible and fans can go then.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

They 100% will not make streaming free, what I hope is that they'll offer like $30 "single team" streaming passes that bypass blackout restrictions.

I currently split the nfl sunday ticket plan with a patriot and ravens fan. I am able to stream through the NFL season ticket app on my PS4. We just all split the costs 3 ways. It will be nice however to have 4 prime time games on national tv to watch.

Edited by Maxmw22

17 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I currently split the nfl sunday ticket plan with a patriot and ravens fan. I am able to stream through the NFL season ticket app on my PS4. We just all split the costs 3 ways. It will be nice however to have 4 prime time games on national tv to watch.

Do you get any issues with lagging when doing it that way?

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Do you get any issues with lagging when doing it that way?

Nope, we are on the same account, but he is indiana and I am in kentucky, we are adding a 3rd person this year. My internet is 200 MB so no lagging issues.

4 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Nope, we are on the same account, but he is indiana and I am in kentucky, we are adding a 3rd person this year. My internet is 200 MB so no lagging issues.

That is a pretty sweet set up. When Canadians got stuck with Dazn for a season, my dad, my brother and I were all on the same account and the lag, quality and delay was unbelievably bad. I would notifications on my phone from the Bills twitter like two or three plays before the score happened on my t.v.

• 2 weeks later...

Now looks like ZERO pre-season games.

Buffalo has one of, if not the most returning starters/depth percentage of players in the league. I imagine quite a bit of rust and sloppiness in the first few weeks but should the season be a go, the Bills can take advantage. 

On 7/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Now looks like ZERO pre-season games.

Buffalo has one of, if not the most returning starters/depth percentage of players in the league. I imagine quite a bit of rust and sloppiness in the first few weeks but should the season be a go, the Bills can take advantage. 

I also think they have an edge over others because they did a full team work out a few times already on offense. The main guys and rookies came in and played for a few days in South Florida last month so  I think that is an advantage being able to build off the chemistry from last season and to bring in the newbies to join in on gelling. I think if everyone stays healthy this year its going to be a team that will have the upper hand

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I also think they have an edge over others because they did a full team work out a few times already on offense. The main guys and rookies came in and played for a few days in South Florida last month so  I think that is an advantage being able to build off the chemistry from last season and to bring in the newbies to join in on gelling. I think if everyone stays healthy this year its going to be a team that will have the upper hand

Let’s just hope this season is able to finish after it gets started.

• Like 1