DHall says the biggest regret of his career was signing w/ Washington in 09 instead of the Patriots

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He wouldn’t have changed his legacy. No other franchise would’ve put up with his antics for as long as we did. And I’m a DHall fan. 

Pretty much, he would’ve only lasted in NE for a few seasons. His legacy is being a slightly above average corner on a below average team and a below average secondary for 10 years. Not a great legacy and I don’t think he plays well enough to be anything more than a #2b for the Pats from 09-2017 too. He also wasn’t going to get paid by the Pats what the Redskins paid him over the final decade of his career. DHall took the $ over playoff appearances and rings. That’s Hall’s legacy, he was a money chaser, not a ring chaser. And that’s fine but to walk it back now is hindsight.

Edited by turtle28

This is pretty obvious. The Patriots have been the face of football for over a decade. The Redskins have been an absolute embarrassment. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm sure half the league is upset they didn't sign with the Patriots!!!

1 hour ago, Marcus21 said:

This is pretty obvious. The Patriots have been the face of football for over a decade. The Redskins have been an absolute embarrassment. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. I'm sure half the league is upset they didn't sign with the Patriots!!!

The fuss is bc he’s retired as a Redskin player and whether we like to admit or not bc it’s sad, he’s in the top 5 of best Redskins to play last decade for the team. So, for him to say that - while it’s true as you said - it foolish and inconsiderate aka it’s a slap in the face and a punch in the nuts to the Redskins and the fanbase, especially since we overpaid him for 10 years.

Edited by turtle28

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The fuss is bc he’s retired as a Redskin player and whether we like to admit or not bc it’s sad, he’s in the top 5 of best Redskins to play last decade for the team. So, for him to say that - while it’s true as you said - it foolish and inconsiderate aka it’s a slap in the face and a punch in the nuts to the Redskins and the fanbase, especially since we overpaid him for 10 years.

How do you over pay one of the top 5 players in the last decade? The slap in the face is the 20 years of dumpster fire!!! I cant get worked up about a man stating the obvious!!!!

10 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

How do you over pay one of the top 5 players in the last decade? The slap in the face is the 20 years of dumpster fire!!! I cant get worked up about a man stating the obvious!!!!

Just bc he was a top 5 player on the team for a decade doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. He was a #2 corner by his play -  not his ability, his ability was All-Pro, but he rarely played that well - in 09 Vinny/Snyder gave Hall a 5 year, $55 million contract, it was an overpay. They should have let him walk and signed someone else a different #2 corner. They could have used that money to sign an upgrade at SLB, #2 corner opposite Rogers, a #2 WR, Chris Canty to be a DT upgrade instead of Haynesworth and a FS upgrade. 

Instead, in 09 they paid out $155 million in contracts to DHall & Haynesworth and instead of the team getting better from 08 to 09, it got worse. 

Literally the worst offseaon in modern Redskins history.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just bc he was a top 5 player on the team for a decade doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. He was a #2 corner by his play -  not his ability, his ability was All-Pro, but he rarely played that well - in 09 Vinny/Snyder gave Hall a 5 year, $55 million contract, it was an overpay. They should have let him walk and signed someone else a different #2 corner. They could have used that money to sign an upgrade at SLB, #2 corner opposite Rogers, a #2 WR, Chris Canty to be a DT upgrade instead of Haynesworth and a FS upgrade. 

Instead, in 09 they paid out $155 million in contracts to DHall & Haynesworth and instead of the team getting better from 08 to 09, it got worse. 

Washington has always overpaid free agents. No one wants to come to this train wreck unless the money is crazy. This year they were trying to give Amari Cooper insane money and he still said no!!!!  Really none of this has anything to do with my original point....D Hall could have been a part of the best professional football team over the past decade. He regrets taking more money to be a part of a loser rather than being part of a dynasty.  I just cant get butt hurt about someone stating the obvious!!  I feel it in my own life.... I live in NC, and I could have jumped ship and become a Panthers fan 20 years ago. I feel like a hostage in a cell with no door.. I just cant make myself quit this team!!! When people clown me about it, I just hang my head in shame!! Its inexplicable!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

Washington has always overpaid free agents. No one wants to come to this train wreck unless the money is crazy. This year they were trying to give Amari Cooper insane money and he still said no!!!!  Really none of this has anything to do with my original point....D Hall could have been a part of the best professional football team over the past decade. He regrets taking more money to be a part of a loser rather than being part of a dynasty.  I just cant get butt hurt about someone stating the obvious!!  I feel it in my own life.... I live in NC, and I could have jumped ship and become a Panthers fan 20 years ago. I feel like a hostage in a cell with no door.. I just cant make myself quit this team!!! When people clown me about it, I just hang my head in shame!! Its inexplicable!!!!!

I get why he said it, but it's not something he should say, especially not on national tv. If I was his teammate I’d never talk to him again. It's a total betrayal to his teammates.

11 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

Your avatar is perfect for this post FYI

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Eh, signing Spurrier and canning Marty, ending up having to settle for Zorn, and keeping Gruden for 2019 are up there too.  

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Eh, signing Spurrier and canning Marty, ending up having to settle for Zorn, and keeping Gruden for 2019 are up there too.  

Yes, but, they didn’t have cap ramifications which hurt the team. Let’s take Zorn for example, Vinny/Dan handed him DHall & Haynesworth’s contracts, Zorn had no say.

Let’s look at Zorn’s 09 bad luck, if in 09 Samuels, Portis, Betts, Randy Thomas, Cooley and Phillip Daniels hadn’t all gotten hurt, they’re probably fighting for a playoff spot again. And, on top of that if Dan/Vinny hadn’t overpaid for DHall (they already had Rogers & Smoot) & Haynesworth but instead signed Bart Scott to be their SLB (Everyone in this forum wanted him or Dansby but Dansby was franchised), Chris Canty (Most in this forum wanted the former Virginia Cavalier over overpaying for Haynesworth) to be their DT upgrade instead of Haynesworth, CB could’ve rolled w/ Fred Smoot & Rogers or signed Dunta Robinson and could’ve signed Jim Leonhard, Sean Jones, Mike Adams or Atogwe to play FS who we did end up signing in 2011 but he got hurt midseason, when he, Bowen and Landry were healthy in 2011, our D was good.

It’s about how you allocate your resources. In 2011, Allen/Shanahan actually for once did a good job in free agency, the issue was Grossman was a turnover machine at QB our running backs weren’t great/Helu didn’t stay healthy like usual and again some of our D‘s best players got hurt like Atogwe, Bowen & Landry. Our D took a nosedive after Atogwe & Landry got hurt, especially our run D after Landry got hurt then, the idiot Shanahan franchised Fred Davis over Landry in 2012 and all Landry did that year was make the pro bowl, I wish we had had him on that 2012 division winning team w/ RG3 & Morris.

Edited by turtle28