Rookie Watch! - Whose making the biggest Impact?

DoleINGout

17 hours ago, m haynes said:

We are all rooting for him however IMHO its a terrible pick. I just read he's 24 yrs old! 4 year contract now he is 28 years old which might be close to the end of his career. There is more info that the Pats have on him  however what I can by reading up on him is that he killed it at the combine, whoopie it mean crap and he had a good week at the SR Bowl.

What bugs me most is trader Bill took the biggest risk on the safeties that were available. You had Grant Delpit, Xavier McKinney (trade) and Antoine Winfield Jr.. I  really like Winfield  You also had Jeremy Chinn later in the draft if your looking for a big safety.

Note   end of his career., Comment based on the NFL average career stats.

Did you know he's also coming off an injury that sidelined him for half the season? Also had to red-shirt 2016 for meniscus injury.

It's a classic R2 gamble from BB, they are hit and miss. Just got to hope it's a hit this time. He will be eased in, he basically does what Chung does, but he's a lot quicker.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Did you know he's also coming off an injury that sidelined him for half the season? Also had to red-shirt 2016 for meniscus injury.

It's a classic R2 gamble from BB, they are hit and miss. Just got to hope it's a hit this time. He will be eased in, he basically does what Chung does, but he's a lot quicker.

What if I told you you Dugger is actually not quicker or faster or more athletic than Chung was coming out of school? He is stronger by a good margin. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No crap!  I didn't know that.  Some where in one of my post I mentioned. I hate when we draft a player with health problems in college.  Thanks Hunter you ruined my day! :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

No, it's a classic terrible evaluation and decision-making process from BB that continues a trend of wasting draft resources that he accumulates.

Dole This is totally BS. Says, Dominique Easley. I was a great pick, my career was just  bad luck! :D:D

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

Dole This is totally BS. Says, Dominique Easley. I was a great pick, my career was just  bad luck! :D:D

Aside from his coaching and organizational leadership, BB's saving grace is appealing to veteran free agents for pennies on the dollar and scouting UDFA-level players. (The obvious issue here is that BB drafts UDFA-level players with high picks based on their scouting evaluations.) 🤦🏼‍♀️

Gotta take the good with the bad in terms of roster construction if it leads to a return on investment in the form of legitimate Super Bowl contention nearly every season -- even if the potential for greater success is always there. ^_^

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

No, it's a classic terrible evaluation and decision-making process from BB that continues a trend of wasting draft resources that he accumulates.

We can't say that yet. What if he turns out to be Polamalu or something. At least wait until he f plays before calling it a terrible decision

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We can't say that yet. What if he turns out to be Polamalu or something. At least wait until he f plays before calling it a terrible decision

Hunter I don't think it has to do with the player. Its the risks he takes with high draft choices that frustrates everyone. You have to agree this is a big gamble. Especially where they picked him and who was still on the board.

You have a Alabama, LSU an Minnesota Div 1 stars on the board and you gamble on a kid from Bunker Hill Community college !

Its the risk that drives me nuts. We don't have Brady anymore to cover for these mistakes.

43 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Hunter I don't think it has to do with the player. Its the risks he takes with high draft choices that frustrates everyone. You have to agree this is a big gamble. Especially where they picked him and who was still on the board.

You have a Alabama, LSU an Minnesota Div 1 stars on the board and you gamble on a kid from Bunker Hill Community college !

Its the risk that drives me nuts. We don't have Brady anymore to cover for these mistakes.

Yeah I do agree with that, I've said I don't like the pick. Ultimately I think it's a reach because I think he'd be available later in that round.