49ers Sign CB K'waun Williams to a Three Year Extension

J-ALL-DAY

Surprised that he was the first to get it done, but I like it. He's been pretty good for us this year, was pretty good 2 years ago with the Browns. I Think it'll mainly be about being healthy. I had just said that I thought we had gotten a good one in him too. Not sure what the parameters are, but I can't imagine we went crazy, so I think I'd be hard pressed not to like this deal. 

Not surprised he was the first one to get a deal to be honest. He probably was the cheapest of the legitimate contenders for a deal (Hyde/Brown/Ward/Reid). And then no guarantee what direction we go in at safety and if Shanny/Lynch will want to pay Hyde. Brown is a must re-sign, but if he keeps playing like this, he's going to want 12-14 million per year.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not surprised he was the first one to get a deal to be honest. He probably was the cheapest of the legitimate contenders for a deal (Hyde/Brown/Ward/Reid). And then no guarantee what direction we go in at safety and if Shanny/Lynch will want to pay Hyde. Brown is a must re-sign, but if he keeps playing like this, he's going to want 12-14 million per year.

Can we negotiate with Brown this year, or do we have to wait until the season is over? I know that with the first rounders, you can't negotiate until after year 3...I would imagine it's the same for later round picks, but I wasn't sure. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe it is different for non-1st rounders or late round picks? Didn't the Cowboys just sign Collins to a two year deal? I'm not sure how all this works.

The only thing with Colllins is that he was undrafted, so his contract was only 3 years to begin with, so I think that they can renegotiate after 2 years, but if he's including Brown on that, maybe we can and it is different for late round guys. Would be nice to get it out of the way early before his value continues to grow. 

I'm a fan of this, K'waun is nice. He plays at a speed and physicality that is worth keeping around for that span. We've heard good things constantly since we signed him, and Shanny has known him from his days in Cleveland. Thats consistency worth rewarding. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only thing with Colllins is that he was undrafted, so his contract was only 3 years to begin with, so I think that they can renegotiate after 2 years, but if he's including Brown on that, maybe we can and it is different for late round guys. Would be nice to get it out of the way early before his value continues to grow. 

Yeah, I'm trying to think of any players from Brown's draft class that have extended already. It could just be a mistake in that tweet listing Brown right now. 

Archived