Can Thad Moss be our next Mike Sellers?

turtle28

So Thaddeus Moss was released w/ injury designation. I guess his foot wasn’t healthy enough to let him participate a lot. JP Finlay said he was barely participating in practice.

Washington has added some depth on the O-line, signing G Joshua Garnett and OT David Steinmetz. Meanwhile, they waived/injured TE Thaddeus Moss, the son of Randy.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 21, 2020

Washington released LSU tight end Thaddeus Moss with injury designation. If he clears waivers he lands on WFT IR list. Not really a surprise, he was barel participating the last few days and TE coach Pete Hoener didnt seem thrilled with what Moss anyway

— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) August 21, 2020

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, our passing game has looked awful this season. Oh wait, we haven’t played a game...

I think were going to be pleasantly surprised with Antonio Gibson as a weapon they use in different ways. Inman is a reliable route runner/possession WR as E has pointed out. Latimer has potential to be more than he’s shown, AGG has potential as do our other other young guys. We’ll have to see how they do.

I think Terry is going to have a Garçon type year from 2013 w/ more TDs bc Haskins with force feed him the ball like RG3 did Haskins bc opposite him there was only Hankerson & Morgan. I also think Steven Sims is going to pick up where he left off and Gibson is going to turn some heads.

It would not surprise me if S. Sims has a Curtis Samuel type year in this offense - 54 recs, 627 yds & 6 TDs.

Dude, at least I can count on you for optimistic posts no matter the situation. I have big faith in Sims and McLaurin. AGG could be something great potentially but he’s slow and usually that causes issues at the next level. Inman and Latimer are camp fodder and one might end up in prison. Our TEs are absolutely horrendous. The fact that our biggest move at a position sorely lacking talent was an undrafted free agent and a former QB who’s done nothing after switching to TE gives me little to no hope. Not addressing TE was just laughable and Rivera should be raked over the coals for it. 

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude, at least I can count on you for optimistic posts no matter the situation. I have big faith in Sims and McLaurin. AGG could be something great potentially but he’s slow and usually that causes issues at the next level. Inman and Latimer are camp fodder and one might end up in prison. Our TEs are absolutely horrendous. The fact that our biggest move at a position sorely lacking talent was an undrafted free agent and a former QB who’s done nothing after switching to TE gives me little to no hope. Not addressing TE was just laughable and Rivera should be raked over the coals for it. 

Yes, but if they had signed Hooper to his “record” contract — which is, incidentally, already not even close to a record anymore, as I repeatedly pointed out it would not be — they would only have about $27M in unused cap space to carry into this year and only a bit over $100M next offseason. 

How could they possibly operate when hamstrung by such a burdensome contract for a 25-year-old two-time Pro Bowler? Think of all the flexibility they’ve given themselves by only having bad players who they can pay like bad players. 

Think Tap Tap GIF by DraftKings

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree that we likey aren’t going to have a good passing game - we won’t have the passing game that we had in the Cousins years - but, I agree with the approach of going with young guys who can grow together over the coming years and gain chemistry as Haskins did last year w/ S.Sims and even Sprinkle, even though Sprinkle dropped several of those passes that Dwayne threw him.

Even though we didn’t spend for a #2 WR and a better option at TE, I would hope we all can agree that our passing game won’t be worse than last year. Haskins should be better, Terry and S.Sims should be better. Out of all the other guys we have, one of them should step up to be a good 3rd option. It has been reported that so far Antonio Gibson is a rocket with the ball in his hands, so if they just get him the ball out of the backfield, in space, on screens, on go routes and on simple WR routes like slants and a simple throw to him if the CB covering him is 5-10 yards off, he like Terry and S.Sims could get a big gain.

And while I’m not happy that we didn’t give Hooper or another TE a bigger offer to get a better TE and I’m upset we haven’t traded for Howard, Njoku or someone else’s back up TE, I don’t think our TE’s are absolutely awful. Thomas has skills, he’s always been athletic for his size so while he’s not going to light the world on fire, I think he and Rogers both can be serviceable. We all like Hale Hentges’s potential and if Sprinkle can improve his hands, he’ll be a well rounded reserve.

The wildcard right now seems to be Marcus Baugh. He’s been getting good reviews in camp. He knows the offense and while he wasn’t a star at Ohio State, he was reliable, he didn’t do as much as he could of there bc Meyer didn’t use the TEs much at Ohio State despite the talent they had at the position as shown by the handful of TEs who are in the league right now.

Edited by turtle28