The Official 2K Thread

the lone star

Which System Proficiency Do You Like Better For A Simulated Season In MyLeague (30 Teams, Season 1, All-Time NBA Draft), Defense or Pace & Space?

For me, both of these systems are 5 stars and full bars for all 5 of my starters. So I'm trying to pick one of the two, and I need your help.

My coach is Amethyst Terry Stotts, and below is what my team looks like. The first 5 are my starters from PG-C.

Jerry West
Sidney Moncrief
Kawhi Leonard
Dave Cowens
Bill Walton
Dave Bing
Cliff Hagan
Elton Brand
Mel Daniels
Bill Sharman
Chet Walker
Rudy Tomjanovich
Bill Laimbeer
Michael Cooper

So what do you think I should use, Pace and Space or Defense?

• 4 weeks later...

Do Sim Points Of Emphasis Affect Streamed CPU vs. CPU Games?

So let's say my SPOE are as follows.
#1: Kawhi Leonard
#2: Jerry West
#3: Dave Cowens
Pick And Roll Offense
Patient Offense
Crash Offensive Glass
Limit Perimeter Shots
Play Physical Defense
Crash Defensive Glass

Does this mean that when my team is controlled by CPU in a CPU vs. CPU game, Kawhi Leonard will get more touches than Jerry West, and my team will actually run PnR plays?

Stated another way, do my SPOE actually affect/dictate the way my team would behave in a CPU vs. CPU game?

I ask because I'm in a league where we have all drafted and changed our SPOEs and whatnot, and now games are starting to be streamed. So I'm curious to know if my team will run PnR sets, crash the bards, and limit perimeter shots, or if those settings only change the results of a straight sim where no CPU vs. CPU games are played/streamed.

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

In terms of the Sim Points Of Emphasis, What's the difference between "No Preference" & "Neutral?"

Let's take Offensive Focus for example. If I choose "No Preference" then what happens? What would happen if I choose "Neutral?"
If it helps, the other options available under Offensive Focus are "Play Through Star," "Get Shooters Open," "Pick and Roll Offense," "Get To The Basket," and "Feed The Post."

Also, there are "Neutral" and "No Preference" options for Defensive Focus, so what's the difference between the two there?
If it helps, the other options available under Defensive Focus are "Limit Perimeter Shots" and "Protect The Paint."

On 9/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Your bigs a weak and you can’t really play pace and space with them. You’re gonna have to play though kawhi and west. I’d probably play brand at the 5. But you need to move off some of those old and slow bigs. Get some new age shooting and shot blocking. 

I tied for the best record in the league. I thought about picking up Jaren Jackson Jr. for shooting/shot blocking, but someone with a higher priority got him before I did, so I wound up with Phil Chenier. 

We're in the playoffs now and I gotta play against the top 3 point shooting team in the league. I'm gonna make sure my defensive focus is "limit perimeter shots."

How Do I Turn Morale Effects Off In MyLeague?

I ask because I'm in a sim league with some friends, and we want to turn morale off so that nobody benefits from good team morale, and nobody is punished for bad morale. We just want morale to have no effect on the simulation, so that it can run off of the base ratings only (or as much as possible).

22 minutes ago, the lone star said:
How Do I Turn Morale Effects Off In MyLeague?

I ask because I'm in a sim league with some friends, and we want to turn morale off so that nobody benefits from good team morale, and nobody is punished for bad morale. We just want morale to have no effect on the simulation, so that it can run off of the base ratings only (or as much as possible).

Not sure if you can do it once the league is started but it's right in the settings as you set up the league.

Why Do Players Keep Increasing In Overall In MyLeague  when Team Chemistry, Player Progression, and Player Regression are all Off?

For the sim league I'm in, we turned team chemistry, player progression, and player regression all off, but players keep improving throughout the course of the season. Do any of you know why this is happening? Is it because of a player's potential? Do system boosts, coach boosts, and team morale play a factor?

Also, if we want to keep players at their base 2K ratings, then what sliders should we edit to accomplish that?

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure if you can do it once the league is started but it's right in the settings as you set up the league.

Ah, OK. If you can get a screenshot, then that would be greatly appreciated. No worries if not though.

Also, is there a way to turn off the luxury tax and other cap rules? Is there a way to turn off the hard cap?

What's The Best Base Playbook For Simulated Games Inside of 2K20?

I won't be picking specific plays, just changing the playbook under the coaching sliders menu. Right now I have the Trail Blazes since Terry Stotts is my coach.

I want to run pick and roll plays, as well as "get shooters open" plays, which tend to be mid-range and 3P plays.