2020 Training Camp Notes & News

animaltested

Apparently Marquis Blair has been getting alot of reps as a nickel. Seattle does run 3 safety looks, but it looks like Seattle is trying to find ways for Blair to get on the field more, or maybe they feel their NCB depth is weak. Kinda interesting to see how Seattle uses Flowers-Dunbar-Blair-Amadi.

Freddie Swain has been held out of practice with an injury. I'd call it very unlikely he makes the gameday roster due to this, though I still really like his prospects as a slot receiver. 2nd-year WR Cody Thompson has apparently been drawing a lot of praise from Pete for his work. 

Sounds like the team really wanted Phil Haynes to push Iupati at LG but he's also out with an injury. Poona Ford also sitting.

17 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

What did he say? 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/8/18/21373375/pete-carroll-shares-updates-seattle-seahawks-offensive-line-competition-pocic-finney-lewis-haynes

He’s a special football player. He’s got a tremendous body for the position, got a great body mass load, and he’s really, really powerful

You can see him in positions already, twerking and all. It shows he can return to balance really well, which is a real good trait for offensive linemen

He’s really smart, he’s studied really hard. The guy’s already can sense that you can count on him, to know what’s going on. So, he’s off to a really good start

He moves well on the second level and he’s done a nice job already just showing us that he can pull and get on the edge. He’s done nothing but good stuff so far

I had a good sit down with him a couple of days back and just had a chance to go back about expectations, and what he’s counting on, and what he’s trying to do, and how he’s going about it. I was really impressed how squared away he is

15 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Interesting that we’d bring Justin Britt back if that were really the case. 

I can’t believe it’s almost September and Clowney remains unsigned. 

I think its more to do with Finney. Im getting the feeling he hasn't meet expectations. Couple this with Fuller's suspension, and Seattle could be looking for insurance at Center. 

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

I think its more to do with Finney. Im getting the feeling he hasn't meet expectations. Couple this with Fuller's suspension, and Seattle could be looking for insurance at Center. 

Finney isn’t meeting expectations of being a starting NFL offensive lineman? 

Boy, who could’ve seen that one coming. 

Love the guy, but Schneider’s incompetence along the OLine is really frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Finney isn’t meeting expectations of being a starting NFL offensive lineman? 

Boy, who could’ve seen that one coming. 

Love the guy, but Schneider’s incompetence along the OLine is really frustrating. 

Yeah, I'm solely basing this off the cuff, since I havent heard Finney's name mentioned once during TC.