Raiders sign RB Theo Riddick

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I mean you're welcome to your opinion but "No Raiders RB had a receiving touchdown or more than 36 receptions last year" is pretty clear to me.

Riddick in his last 4 seasons with the Lions had 80, 50, 50, 60 receptions. I don't know what he's got left now and I'm not guaranteeing he makes the team, but he was one of the best pass catching backs in the league for a couple seasons and that's obviously what the Raiders want out of him

In 2018 Richard had 68 receptions and led the team.  Difference was last year they used DeAndre Washington in a similar role and he had 36 receptions to match Richard when he had 1 the previous season.  We have a #1 back, a handful of pass catchers, and no power back.  Ingold is probably going to be the fourth RB and used as a power back as well as a FB.  Problem we has is nobody can take over for Jacobs.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, Superduperman said:

I mean you're welcome to your opinion but "No Raiders RB had a receiving touchdown or more than 36 receptions last year" is pretty clear to me.

Riddick in his last 4 seasons with the Lions had 80, 50, 50, 60 receptions. I don't know what he's got left now and I'm not guaranteeing he makes the team, but he was one of the best pass catching backs in the league for a couple seasons and that's obviously what the Raiders want out of him

This isn’t meant as a swipe at you... I get it your not a Raiders fan and prolly haven’t seen many of our games... you looked up the Raiders 2019 stats and the RBs didn’t have much production in the passing game.

But, If you actually watched the Raiders last year, and even the last few seasons, you’d have known Richard is a very good receiving back and actually very good in pass protection despite his smaller stature.  @Darbsk was spot on in his assessment.  Richard has 68 catches the year before, so it’s not like he hasn’t produced at a high level there.

Riddick’s definitely been a high skilled and productive receiving/3rd down RB.  I think his stats are a little juiced up having played in Detroit’s system.   Lots of check downs to him.  Richard isn’t just a check down RB receiver.... he can run routes and make catches downfield.

I don’t know the logic of signing Riddick.  We have a ton of receiving RBs and no power back.  But it doesn’t hurt to sign him and see what he’s got.  Even if he doesn’t make the team he can always be brought back if an injury occurs.