College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

What else can you say? A do-it-all talent, after hearing comparisons for Christian Watson in the form of Randy Moss this winter, while he has a long way to go before reaching the level of one of the all-time greats, Watson put together one of the most electric performances at the wide receiver position that the NFL Combine has seen in its 40-year history. Producer of just the second 10.0 RAS (relative athletic score) ever recorded (Calvin Johnson), Watson made himself a ton of money Thursday night, and it won’t surprise me to hear his name come off the board on night one as an elite perimeter pass-catcher. At 6-foot-4, Watson posted a 4.36 in the 40, a 38.5-inch vertical, and an 11-foot-4 broad jump (tops among all participants). He was unbelievable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-combine-2022-winners-players-roster-testing

Possible he may sneak himself into the first?

20 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

What else can you say? A do-it-all talent, after hearing comparisons for Christian Watson in the form of Randy Moss this winter, while he has a long way to go before reaching the level of one of the all-time greats, Watson put together one of the most electric performances at the wide receiver position that the NFL Combine has seen in its 40-year history. Producer of just the second 10.0 RAS (relative athletic score) ever recorded (Calvin Johnson), Watson made himself a ton of money Thursday night, and it won’t surprise me to hear his name come off the board on night one as an elite perimeter pass-catcher. At 6-foot-4, Watson posted a 4.36 in the 40, a 38.5-inch vertical, and an 11-foot-4 broad jump (tops among all participants). He was unbelievable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-combine-2022-winners-players-roster-testing

If you were a team with a fairly loaded roster, why not pick a dude like this in the late first? If I'm the Chiefs, I'm absolutely taking him as opposed to the 5th best CB, 4th best DT, or whatever else they're going to get. 

Give Mahomes another weapon, put an added dimension on the outside to that offense opposite Tyreke and with Kelce, and then you can do some crazy stuff with some guys in the slot and on the outside...and he doesn't even have the added pressure to perform right away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you were a team with a fairly loaded roster, why not pick a dude like this in the late first? If I'm the Chiefs, I'm absolutely taking him as opposed to the 5th best CB, 4th best DT, or whatever else they're going to get. 

Give Mahomes another weapon, put an added dimension on the outside to that offense opposite Tyreke and with Kelce, and then you can do some crazy stuff with some guys in the slot and on the outside...and he doesn't even have the added pressure to perform right away.

I'm not gonna lie I watched more video on him since the combine, and he is a fairly impressive prospect, I feel the only reason he's not talked as a sure fire first rounder and in the same realm as the other top guys is because of where he goes to school, he is every bit as impressive physically and on tape as the other top guys

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol which linemate?  That Georgia DL was unreal.

I think 3 of those guys are legitimate Top 20 dudes and I'd take all 3 of them...even that 4th "rotational" guy might be legit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think 3 of those guys are legitimate Top 20 dudes and I'd take all 3 of them...even that 4th "rotational" guy might be legit.

As well as Cine and Dean. In all honesty, no wonder that defense was so dominant. We are talking about 5 guys who are legit 1st Rounders, all of whom have a CHANCE to go in the Top 20.

I honestly see some interior DL talent and maybe EDGE talent falling to the 2nd Round as well. Those 20-40 spots are just loaded with some super talented guys at the WR and DL spots.

The only thing that concerns me is are all of those guys actually legit?  Or is it more like one of them is Gladys Knight and the other 2 are The Pips but they don’t see a double team so they look great.

Kinda like that NC State DL with Williams, Lawson and McCargo.

I think this group may all be legit, certainly they are athletically, but it’s somewhat concerning.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The only thing that concerns me is are all of those guys actually legit?  Or is it more like one of them is Gladys Knight and the other 2 are The Pips but they don’t see a double team so they look great.

Kinda like that NC State DL with Williams, Lawson and McCargo.

I think this group may all be legit, certainly they are athletically, but it’s somewhat concerning.  

It's tough to gauge all of that, no doubt, and scheme absolutely plays a role. I'd personally argue that with UGA playing a 3-4, many of them saw double teams throughout college.

Walker concerns me only in that he never really was asked to rush the passer, but I'd argue that's more scheme instead of production.

Davis concerns me because he's massive and that's literally the only reason is historical big men his size in the league with interior pass rush are an outlier as opposed to the norm.

And Wyatt played beside Davis and was freed up to dominate more.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it, this front 7 could be the Goat when it's all said and done. Think about this, this doesn't even include Adam Anderson who would have been at the very worst a top 10 pick in addition to Jalen Carter who I feel was better than Jordan Davis. I'm not sure if I've seen this good of a front 7 ever

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Two things:

- If he went to FSU or OSU he would be a top 10 pick 

- He could end up being the best WR in this class when its all said and done 

- I would be perfectly fine if he was the first WR we selected 

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it, this front 7 could be the Goat when it's all said and done. Think about this, this doesn't even include Adam Anderson who would have been at the very worst a top 10 pick in addition to Jalen Carter who I feel was better than Jordan Davis. I'm not sure if I've seen this good of a front 7 ever

It's as good of a Front 7 as I've seen since the 2001-2002 Miami group.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Two things:

- If he went to FSU or OSU he would be a top 10 pick 

- He could end up being the best WR in this class when its all said and done 

- I would be perfectly fine if he was the first WR we selected 

The small school history of great receivers also shows historically how good a lot of these guys are, whether it's Jerry Rice, T.O., Randy Moss, Andre Reed, Rod Smith, Isaac Bruce, or some other guys as well.

• Like 1