The Raider Depreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“‰

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

This is a question I should probably know the answer to, but oh well. If the offense lines up with 2 TE, its 12 personnel, regardless of the formation, correct? If Mayer lines up inline and Bowers in the slot, its still 12 personnel.ย 

12 personnel is defined asย  one running back, two tight ends, and two wide receivers. You guess is as good as mine on how that would be viewed if he's acting as the slot.ย 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

ย 

Most their pass plays came out of 11 personnel with all 3 on the field:

11-24/28 221 yards 7.8 YPA

12-2/4 10 yards 2.5 YPA

13-1/1 26 yards 26.0 YPA

Majority of the offense was ran out of 11:

11-73% 12-22% 13-5%

ย 

Out of 60 snaps

adams 58

meyers 52

trey 47

brock 41

mayer 34

bryant 4

Guess we went empty backfield?

ย 

I think a guy like Bowers breaks the concept of 12 "personnel," and I'm here for it.

It really is descriptive of theย set, and the personnel was then implied, to the point the meaning switched because when it counted, it was telling you who comes on the field.

The word 'personnel' has been the same kind of grammatical mistake, imo as calling a 5 technique, a technique rather than and alignment. Sure, there's technique implied in say, comparing a 1 and a wide 7. But the numbers DENOTE the alignment. I could bear crawl out of any alignment, ffs.

With Bowers in the game you're running 12/21 Personnel depending on where he lines up, or more to the point, where he is at the snap. He's a wildcard and the SET isn't set, until the snap.

Musing

Are we really empty in a 5 wide, with Brock & Trey in short slots? Because if the DTs get all happy with his rush lanes,... perhaps on the next play, Gun inside handoff to a Counter Trey, might be in order. Just for fun. And it could go either direction.....although lets NOT do that to Trey.

Edited by LongJonSilver
  • Like 1