2020 NHL Draft Thread | What are the Devils Mukhamadullin?

flyers0909

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who are the best availables? Bet we trade down again. 🙃

You'll get some huge variance at this point. 

Robins is a favorite of a lot of guys. Smilanic. I really like Hunt. Poirier is a super interesting guy. I really like Gushchin, but he's super risky given his size. 

Just now, Forge said:

Thats about right for me with Mysak. I know that people absolutely loved him, but I think he's a bottom 6 guy. His shooting percentage was off the charts in juniors, not sustainable. 

Nah. He's a middle 6 guy. I had him grouped with Mercer for that reason. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

But this is the 2nd guy you've used shooting percentage for to downgrade so I'm not shocked. 🤪

For sure. I just think it's an outlier and I Have to consider it. I mean, let's be honest...don't you think there's a difference in how you perceive Quinn if you say "he's a 50 goal scorer" and "he's a 35 goal scorer"? People on the devils board in particular, the ones who don't watch, they are enamored with big round numbers like "50". If I don't think that they are likely to translate that stuff to the next level, i have to dock them. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol Detroit gonna take nothing but Swedes ey?

If I remember right, their Euro scout is considered absolutely one of the best in the business, so they could just be leaning on him a lot 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

For sure. I just think it's an outlier and I Have to consider it. I mean, let's be honest...don't you think there's a difference in how you perceive Quinn if you say "he's a 50 goal scorer" and "he's a 35 goal scorer"? People on the devils board in particular, the ones who don't watch, they are enamored with big round numbers like "50". If I don't think that they are likely to translate that stuff to the next level, i have to dock them. 

No because I don't put a ton of stock into junior production. If you're being realistic for Quinn, you know he's not going to pot 50 in the NHL. He's going to be a 2 way, 60 point winger consistently. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

No because I don't put a ton of stock into junior production. If you're being realistic for Quinn, you know he's not going to pot 50 in the NHL. He's going to be a 2 way, 60 point winger consistently. 

Then I Have no idea how you had him ranked 15. That kind of profile should have been like 6th lol

Just now, Forge said:

Then I Have no idea how you had him ranked 15. That kind of profile should have been like 6th lol

I mean, I also had Holtz 11. My top 10 was basically who I thought had ridiculous top line upside. I like Quinn enough. You can interchange everyone in that 11-15 range for me tbqh.