BDL 2020 Week 6 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Rome Eternals

rackcs

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Rome Eternals  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/2020 at 04:01 AM

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Joyner will be dropping back into a middle zone which will slot him in perfectly.  There won't be huge gaps cause guys are just moving into a zone near where they already are.  If I tried to have them move across the field, yeah, you'd have a point.  But i did it this way for a reason.

Do you know how a cover three works? 

The slot corner would be in charge of the flat  and mid right boundary which is where Winfield would go.  Winfield would originally be assigned to the right middle (seam) side of the field so that your corner now on the far left side through motion would have to run all the way over there after the snap to cover his assignment 

In a cover two he's the deep man on one side. Joyner is gonna have to race from the wrong side of the field to beat fuller on go routes deep.  That's just.. Not... Smart 

Edited by bcb1213

34 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Do you know how a cover three works? 

The slot corner would be in charge of the flat  and mid right boundary which is where Winfield would go.  Winfield would originally be assigned to the right middle (seam) side of the field so that your corner now on the far left side through motion would have to run all the way over there after the snap to cover his assignment 

In a cover two he's the deep man on one side. Joyner is gonna have to race from the wrong side of the field to beat fuller on go routes deep.  That's just.. Not... Smart 

No, you have a LB taking the right middle and Joyner taking left seam.  Only moving one zone over.  

Its very smart so stop trying to make things up.  I did not set this up so guys are having to run all the way across the field.  You are being very disingenuous at best.

If you were going to attack some part of this, it would be that Winfield would have to get over to the flat.  But hey, if it confused you, it'd confuse Herbert.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No, you have a LB taking the right middle and Joyner taking left seam.  Only moving one zone over.  

Its very smart so stop trying to make things up.  I did not set this up so guys are having to run all the way across the field.  You are being very disingenuous at best.

If you were going to attack some part of this, it would be that Winfield would have to get over to the flat.  But hey, if it confused you, it'd confuse Herbert.

... That's not what you said.  You said Joyner is taking winfields zone.  Not the lb is taking winfields zone and Joyner is taking the lb zone. 

But if that's what you want to claim you meant with the lb , you now have a lb playing deep half in cover two trying to keep up with wr 

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

... That's not what you said.  You said Joyner is taking winfields zone.  Not the lb is taking winfields zone and Joyner is taking the lb zone. 

But if that's what you want to claim you meant with the lb , you now have a lb playing deep half in cover two trying to keep up with wr 

You are either not understanding me or intentionally trying to make it more confusing.  

You're also mixing up cover 2 and 3 responsibilities.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You are either not understanding me or intentionally trying to make it more confusing.  

You're also mixing up cover 2 and 3 responsibilities.

You realize there is two sides of a field right.   If trips go to the side Winfield... Isn't... On.... 

"Rome tries to move a guy across the formation(or have a bunch formation) and we have zone called, we will still have a defender move across the formation and then have that defender drop into Winfield’s zone.  For instance, if we have Cover-3 called, Joyner may follow his WR across the formation and then drop back into what should have been Winfield’s zone and Winfield will slide over to what would have been Joyner’s zone."

Cover three dime look.  Winfield has middle right lb has middle left.  We run motion to trips to again the left.  Winfield now takes joyners responsibility and takes flat. According to your own plan, Joyner has middle right now coming from his show man coverage on the left .  You wrote that. Not me 

Edited by bcb1213

Why do you assume Winfield would have one side or the other in Cover 2 or one side or the other in Cover 3?  Teams will flip that all the time.

In that situation it should be obvious that Thornhill would take the far zone in Cover 2 and Joyner would go straight back.  I start Winfield and Thornhill more in the middle to keep their coverages from being obvious presnap.

There's just basic common sense.  And I'm not changing any part of my write up.  You're just assuming we, for some reason, would make guys literally run as far as possible.

Because you know my idea was really good so you have to try to tear it down and make it seem as confusing as possible.  I know you.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Why do you assume Winfield would have one side or the other in Cover 2 or one side or the other in Cover 3?  Teams will flip that all the time.

In that situation it should be obvious that Thornhill would take the far zone in Cover 2 and Joyner would go straight back.  I start Winfield and Thornhill more in the middle to keep their coverages from being obvious presnap.

There's just basic common sense.  And I'm not changing any part of my write up.  You're just assuming we, for some reason, would make guys literally run as far as possible.

Because you know my idea was really good so you have to try to tear it down and make it seem as confusing as possible.  I know you.

I fixed my previous post. Feel free to respond to it. As far as sides of in a cover three.  That's... How... It.. Works when you put a  safety in the box  he takes the zone on that side.  Unless you're having him run backwards too the deep third and having a your deeper safety run forward which I guess is possible but doesn't make one lick of sense.  Or you're having him and the linebacker run further away from where they are lined up and criss cross.. Which would be enjoyable to watch 

Edited by bcb1213

12 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I fixed my previous post. Feel free to respond to it. As far as sides of in a cover three.  That's... How... It.. Works when you put a  safety in the box  he takes the zone on that side.  Unless you're having him run backwards too the deep third and having a your deeper safety run forward which I guess is possible but doesn't make one lick of sense.  Or you're having him and the linebacker run further away from where they are lined up and criss cross.. Which would be enjoyable to watch 

In Cover 3, the FS and outside CBs take deep thirds.  The 2nd corner to the trips side would have the flat.  Joyner and Tremaine take middle zones(Joyner to the trips side) and Winfield goes from middle of the field to the other flat.  

You're really trying to make it seem like they would go to the least convenient place on the field.  

Its pretty common sensical.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

In Cover 3, the FS and outside CBs take deep thirds.  The 2nd corner to the trips side would have the flat.  Joyner and Tremaine take middle zones(Joyner to the trips side) and Winfield goes from middle of the field to the other flat.  

You're really trying to make it seem like they would go to the least convenient place on the field.  

Its pretty common sensical.

This.... Literally..... Isn't... What... You.... Wrote... 

I'm sorry your plan is non sensical and  you're having Joyner take Winfields middle zone on the  opposite non trips side of the lb 

Edited by bcb1213

10 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

This.... Literally..... Isn't... What... You.... Wrote... 

I'm sorry your plan is non sensical and  you're having Joyner take Winfields middle zone on the  opposite non trips side of the lb 

Yes it is!  Thats Cover 3.  Winfield goes to take the flat zone Joyner would have had originally if he hadn't followed in motion and Joyner takes the one Winfield would have had.  Its exactly what I wrote.  You are assuming, for whatever reason, that the LB wouldn't take the middle zone away from the trips side.

But its pretty funny how you're trying to make up what my defense is going to do.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yes it is!  Thats Cover 3.  Winfield goes to take the flat zone Joyner would have had originally if he hadn't followed in motion and Joyner takes the one Winfield would have had.  Its exactly what I wrote.

He's on the other side of the fields lmao 

Winfield, right or  left.  Joyner gets motioned to opposite side he has to run across field to get on correct side to be in Winfield zone.  Thus open seam from the get go like I said lol 

He's on the other side of the fields lmao 

Winfield, right or  left.  Joyner gets motioned to opposite side he has to run across field to get on correct side to be in Winfield zone.  Thus open seam from the get go like I said lol 

Thats simply not true.  I have no clue where you're making this up from.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Thats simply not true.  I have no clue where you're making this up from.

I hate you 

Presnap

Winfield on right side closer to  line so he has middle right zone.  Joyner in slot has flat zone on Winfield side .  Boundary corner has deep zone.  I motion slot wr so now joyner is on to the far left.  

Your plan 

Winfield takes Joyner zone.  Flats 

Joyner takes Winfield zone  mid right. 

Thus Joyner has to run from far left to Winfield middle right zone 

I hate you 

Presnap

Winfield on right side closer to  line so he has middle right zone.  Joyner in slot has flat zone on Winfield side .  Boundary corner has deep zone.  I motion slot wr so now joyner is on to the far left.  

Your plan 

Winfield takes Joyner zone.  Flats 

Joyner takes Winfield zone  mid right. 

Thus Joyner has to run from far left to Winfield middle right zone 

Once again, why are you assuming Winfield has middle right zone instead of Tremaine?  The S and LB aren't locked into one taking right zone and one taking left zone every play.

You're literally twisting this to try to make it look bad when its a very good idea.  And you're having to make incorrect assumptions to do it.

I've already explained it multiple times and if you apply common sense, it makes complete sense.