The Gacha Game Thread

TOUCAN

56 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Look, I can't be the only one who is playing a Gacha game. I am not proud of it, but I've been playing Dragon Ball Legends since it launched over 2 years ago.

Anyone else playing something?

I used to have a couple. Some serious online MMORPGs got me. I have done an incredible job of not doing it anymore. I've spent maybe $30 in Apex.

• 3 weeks later...

I've played Fate Grand/Order since launch. It's a  rough game story-wise at the beginning but holy **** the write is absolutely excellent later in the game.

I also have been playing Arknights since May. I really like the aesthetics and the gameplay is a ton of fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing Fire Emblem Heroes since launch. Tried Dragalia Lost and the Pokemon one too but they are all such time sinks that I really only want to deal with one. FEH has managed to get me to spend money a few times but not a ton and I think I'm back to being fully F2P at this point. I've got so many units and the power creep is coming so quickly that its not worth dropping cash on something that will be outclassed in short order.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, drew39k said:

I've been playing Fire Emblem Heroes since launch. Tried Dragalia Lost and the Pokemon one too but they are all such time sinks that I really only want to deal with one. FEH has managed to get me to spend money a few times but not a ton and I think I'm back to being fully F2P at this point. I've got so many units and the power creep is coming so quickly that its not worth dropping cash on something that will be outclassed in short order.

I used to play FEH but the power creep is so ridiculous there's no point in building any units for the long term. The game really became pointless when you summon a 5 star only for them to be power creeped within 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

I used to play FEH but the power creep is so ridiculous there's no point in building any units for the long term. The game really became pointless when you summon a 5 star only for them to be power creeped within 2 weeks.

Yeah. Its pretty crazy how out of control it's gotten. That said, I never really feel the need to invest too much in a unit so I really just kinda enjoy each one for what they bring. And as much as I may complain about power creep my best and most used unit is still Ophelia. With special spiral and hardy bearing she erases everything.

They've also done a good job at refined weapons, which buff older units so they can compete.