Paul Hornung passes away at 84

40Year Pack Fan

Wasn't it Hornung that Lombardi caught lying arm in arm with Max McGee, in their shared (hotel) room during training camp?.....Lombardi lightened up somewhat on curfews following after that...I know these (curfews) were broken by McGee, but can't remember this about Hornung....Seems to me, he also enjoyed the night life...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

As an old guy that can remember watching him playing for the Packers...this is a very sad day for me.  We (I) have lost so many of my boyhood heroes this year who played on those great Packers teams from the 1960's.  They all gave me great joy and made me a life long Packer fan.  Lombardi put together a great team, comprised of great people.  I feel fortunate to have been alive to have watched most of it.  Would have loved to have witnessed Hudson play at his prime.  Watching Brett and now Aaron play is also a wonderful thing.  

This fan base is the best.  Once a Packer fan...always a Packer fan.

Edited by minnypackerfan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Wasn't it Hornung that Lombardi caught lying arm in arm with Max McGee, in their shared (hotel) room during training camp?.....Lombardi lightened up somewhat on curfews following after that...I know these (curfews) were broken by McGee, but can't remember this about Hornung....Seems to me, he also enjoyed the night life...

He took a year long suspension for gambling on football and had to agree not to go to Vegas as part of his reinstatement. It would be fair to say Hornung liked the night life . . . a lot.