Pre-draft questionnaire v1.0

NudeTayne

My ideal position selection by round  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What order position selection by round would be ideal? (gonna look at what positions get most representation)

• DE-LB-DT-CB-S
    • DE-CB-LB-DT-S
    • DE-DT-CB-LB-S
    • LB-DE-CB-DT-S
    • LB-CB-DE-DT-S
    • LB-DT-DE-CB-S
    • CB-DE-LB-DT-S
    • CB-LB-DE-DT-S
    • CB-DT-DE-LB-S
    • DT-DE-CB-LB-S
    • DT-CB-DE-LB-S
    • DT-LB-DE-CB-S
    • Go BPA first two rounds, preference for DE-CB
    • Go BPA first two rounds, any of DE-DT-CB-LB
    • Go BPA any position first two rounds except for obvious non-starter needs like RB and QB

Tempted to name this thread, "Questionnaire re: future bakers in Cleveland kitchens", but it would get locked without even looking at it first (that Deandre Baker thread was legit!!! 😠😡😤).

So I was thinking...every year when I post mocks, it seems according to "smdh at least make it realistic" responders like there are 75 guaranteed first-rounders, so I'm trying to flush out my draft board to separate the fact from the hype, walkthemocks to follow. Here are some random questions:

(1) If Surtain runs low 4.5s, does he fall into the mid/mid-late teens?

(2) With so many solid CB prospects and being only 5'10", is Asomugha available late second?

(3) Do guys like Jamarr Chase and Caleb Farley fall much/at all from opting out.

(4) Could this year be the first round year of the QB? I'm seeing possibly eight or more possible first rounders. If so, which positions fall because of this? In no particular order...Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, Jamie Newman, Kyle Trask, Zach Wilson and ???.

(5) I'm really liking Rondale Moore, Chris Olave and TJ Vasher as a bit of a sleeper. In a fairly deep WR draft, where do these guys realistically go?

(6) Is it just me or is this shaking out to be another potentially great draft class?

(7) Still not sure if Shaun Wade is just homer goggles, but it's he worth snagging around pick 20 if he's available?

(8) How do you feel about the OSU backs? What rounds do they realistically go in and are you interested? 

(9) Are you trading down every time this year if we're getting equal draft chart value and adding at least one additional pick?

(10) Is Beckham getting traded? Would you trade him? If so, for what realistic compensation? 

Edited by NudeTayne

1. Surtain is Charles Tillman to me. He’s a mid 1st rounder regardless of his 40 time. Obviously he can’t run something catastrophic like a 4.6.

2. Israel Mukuamu is your guy if you want a tall CB, he’s 6’4.

3. I think Chase is okay, but Farley made a mistake opting out. Farley will slip to the 2nd.

4. College teams are finally emphasizing the importance of QB play again.

I appreciate Urban Meyer, but his spread offense ushered in an era of bad QB play in college football. Your QB just needed to be an athlete and you could get away with it.

However, OSU and Alabama quickly learned that to win a title, you need to step up your QB play. You can thank Clemson.

5. Rondale is my guy for this draft. However I could see all of those guys being mid rounders.

6. This is a fantastic class, but will be picked apart like crazy until it’s considered average.

7. Shaun Wade needs to be used like Malcom Jenkins was in Philly and now New Orleans. He’d be great after pick 20.

8. Master Teague needs to return. Trey Sermon can be good if he’s with the right team. He’s a 6th rounder.

9. I’m only trading down if Berry wants a LB with his first pick.

10. OBJ will not be traded. If he is, it’s to Green Bay for a 2nd rounder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

1. Surtain is Charles Tillman to me. He’s a mid 1st rounder regardless of his 40 time. Obviously he can’t run something catastrophic like a 4.6.

I'm a big fan and would be happy with him as the perfect compliment to Denzel.

2. Israel Mukuamu is your guy if you want a tall CB, he’s 6’4.

A lot of folks like him at FS. This draft is so deep at safety, though, that I doubt it's worth the risk to try out with where he's expected to go. Second rounder?

3. I think Chase is okay, but Farley made a mistake opting out. Farley will slip to the 2nd.

Yeah, I agree that Farley should have played.

4. College teams are finally emphasizing the importance of QB play again.

I appreciate Urban Meyer, but his spread offense ushered in an era of bad QB play in college football. Your QB just needed to be an athlete and you could get away with it.

However, OSU and Alabama quickly learned that to win a title, you need to step up your QB play. You can thank Clemson.

Looks that way. There is some real talent coming out. 

5. Rondale is my guy for this draft. However I could see all of those guys being mid rounders.

I would love Rondale as well. I doubt he makes it to 32, though.

6. This is a fantastic class, but will be picked apart like crazy until it’s considered average.

I'm down to trade away our '22 1st if we can get good value. This is a great class.

7. Shaun Wade needs to be used like Malcom Jenkins was in Philly and now New Orleans. He’d be great after pick 20.

He's a whole lot more athletic then Jenkins, I'm thinking. If he's not a potential CB1, I'm thinking we could do better with a first...🤔.

8. Master Teague needs to return. Trey Sermon can be good if he’s with the right team. He’s a 6th rounder.

A sixth rounder works for me. What do you think about the two Georgia backs?

9. I’m only trading down if Berry wants a LB with his first pick.

Makes sense.

10. OBJ will not be traded. If he is, it’s to Green Bay for a 2nd rounder.

I've been playing around with a mock trading him to the Jets for 65 & 84 so that's pretty similar value. But yeah, the injury probably makes him untradable. I want him to succeed here, but he keeps getting derailed by injury.