Texans CB Bradley Roby suspended six games for PED

ET80

Nope, you're not seeing double. The #1 WR and #1 CB on the team popped for a six game PED suspension. Both will miss Week 1 of next season. (Fuller might be elsewhere, but Roby will definitely be here).

Unacceptable... Not sure if the medical staff is aligned with the coaching staff, but they need to be fired as well. This is an egregious oversight on their part - if you have players using products without your specific oversight and your approval, then what the hell are you doing as a medical staff?

Brian Cushing needs to go, too. As a S/C Coach (and somebody who was busted twice in his career) he needs to be on his pulpit daily about the dangers of not getting your supplements approved by the NFLPA or team doctors. This happening on his watch means he wasn't sharing his experience ...or he WAS sharing his experience in all the wrong ways.

This season has been done, but I'm so furious because this is painting this joke of a franchise in such a worse light now than even before - the levels of incompetencies on display is mind blowing, and Jack Easterby saying his prayers isn't helping...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tab said:

apparently this voids 8mil in guarantees for him

https://overthecap.com/will-fuller-bradley-roby-suspension/

So, cutting Roby next off-season nets $8mm. In circumstances where we are cap strapped, Roby would be an $8mm savings...

Who could replace him, FA wise? I mean, are we confident that Gaeron Conley could fill the role as the main CB on the team?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

https://overthecap.com/will-fuller-bradley-roby-suspension/

So, cutting Roby next off-season nets $8mm. In circumstances where we are cap strapped, Roby would be an $8mm savings...

Who could replace him, FA wise? I mean, are we confident that Gaeron Conley could fill the role as the main CB on the team?

It’s not like Roby has been world beating 

• Like 1

According to spotrac, Roby now just have 2 million in dead money, from his signing bonus, for next year. So the official number is 8.25 million that we save by cutting him. Pair that with cutting Watt’s 17.5, David Johnson’s 7, McKinney’s 7, Dunn’s 3

we can easily cut 42 million in salary, giving us some room to play with. We could potentially get to 54 million if we decided to cut Cooks, but at this point we should keep him and possibly restructure his deal. He’s got a 3/36 deal right now with no guaranteed money. He’s gonna be willing to take less to get some guaranteed money. I’d even offer him something like 3/30 with 25 million guaranteed. 

if we can get Fuller back on a discounted deal, we could have some money to make a few upgrades either on the o-line or on defense. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

if we can get Fuller back on a discounted deal, we could have some money to make a few upgrades either on the o-line or on defense. 

If Fuller wants a prove it deal (1/$10m) then we could use the rest of the extra cap space to upgrade at CB - I've been banging the drum on Patrick Peterson, I think he's the veteran leadership we'd need to improve the secondary.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

If Fuller wants a prove it deal (1/$10m) then we could use the rest of the extra cap space to upgrade at CB - I've been banging the drum on Patrick Peterson, I think he's the veteran leadership we'd need to improve the secondary.

We need a good secondary coach. I hope we get rid of the entire coaching staff and don’t try to keep some 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

We need a good secondary coach. I hope we get rid of the entire coaching staff and don’t try to keep some 

There's not a single member of this staff (save for Carl Smith, maybe) who should stick around. 

Everyone has to go, the BoB virus needs to be cleansed from the building...