NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Why do a chest pass to a wide open man on a fast break when you can do a floating, spinning bounce pass that looks like it is 10 feet too far but lands gently and floats in the air until the receiver catches up? 

i cant wait for this season lol. he came in and immediately threw like 3 crazy passes. just out of control 

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Mavs and Jazz at 4 are pretty realistic. I think both are underrated, especially the Jazz. They are pretty much flying under the radar.

Yeah people are sleeping on us big time. If the playoffs were any indication, Mitchell looks poised to take a major leap this year and become an All-NBA level player. We also very likely would've beaten the Nuggets last season if Bogdanovic played. Health will be a major factor for us but assuming that we do stay healthy for the majority of the year, I think that we're going to surprise a lot of people. 

We had so much roster turnover last season bringing in Conley, Bogdanovic, and Clarkson. We never really gelled to start the year then Conley got hurt and when he came back and we started playing well then Bogdanovic got hurt. All 3 of those guys are going into year two of the system now and our team should have much better chemistry this year. 

Bringing back Favors was also such an underrated move for us as well. He knows the system and gives us a ton of flexibility because we can play him at the 4 alongside Rudy against bigger teams or at the 5 when Rudy's off the floor. One of our biggest issues last year was that we didn't have any rim protection inside when Rudy came off the floor. Bringing back Favors as well as drafting Azubuike ensures that we'll always have a big body in the middle. 

18 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i cant wait for this season lol. he came in and immediately threw like 3 crazy passes. just out of control 

How the hell do the Nuggets continually find these under the radar guys that become studs? It's not fair. But I am thankful for you guys trading us the picks we used to draft Mitchell and Gobert.  

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How the hell do the Nuggets continually find these under the radar guys that become studs? It's not fair. But I am thankful for you guys trading us the picks we used to draft Mitchell and Gobert.  

What has it gotten them though? 

21 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What has it gotten them though? 

Uh, a trip to the WCF before any of their cornerstones have even hit their prime.

A clear path to consistent contention for the next 5 years even if none of their you g players develop as expected.

Flexibility to add another star talent via trade because of their cap and assets.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

we have to give everyone in the division a fair chance to beat us. Utah with those guys. Portland with Nurk. Minnesota with Beasley (although tbd lol) .... we attain too many good players. it is a good problem to have. gave Utah the pieces just to knock them out of the playoffs.

we have a top 3 or so FO. just elite. and jokic is gonna make a lot of guys a lot of money throughout his career, that is for sure

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Uh, a trip to the WCF before any of their cornerstones have even hit their prime.

A clear path to consistent contention for the next 5 years even if none of their you g players develop as expected.

Flexibility to add another star talent via trade because of their cap and assets.

TL;DR: Nothing yet

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

false. an organic successful rebuild to a contender is rare in the NBA. ringz culture is what has created the toxic discussion around the nba that exists today. 

Please, I appreciate a good 'organic' rebuild as you put it. The Celtics did it at record speed after the Pierce/Ray/KG era. However, my initial comment was in regards to how the Nuggets finding these under the radar guys, and I take that in a much broader timeline than this current iteration. For the past two decades this has been a trend of getting those under the radar guys overachieving. Yet in their history they havent even made the finals. You can come at me for 'ringz cutlure' if you want, but there is room to appreciate a strong rebuild but still understand what the actual goal of the rebuild is. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Please, I appreciate a good 'organic' rebuild as you put it. The Celtics did it at record speed after the Pierce/Ray/KG era. However, my initial comment was in regards to how the Nuggets finding these under the radar guys, and I take that in a much broader timeline than this current iteration. For the past two decades this has been a trend of getting those under the radar guys overachieving. Yet in their history they havent even made the finals. You can come at me for 'ringz cutlure' if you want, but there is room to appreciate a strong rebuild but still understand what the actual goal of the rebuild is. 

just an overall odd couple of responses but okay 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

how is it a weird take to simply state they havent won anything ever? Is it untrue? Did I miss something?

It's an impossible standard. It would be like criticizing the Celtics for not winning anything with Tatum.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

It's an impossible standard. It would be like criticizing the Celtics for not winning anything with Tatum.

What? So if the question of what a team accomplishes comes up, should I just bite my tongue? My comment about the Nuggets was 'nothing yet' and I will happily say the same thing about the Tatum era for the Celtics, 'nothing yet'. 

Why am I being forced to argue truths here? I am confused, what is your point? That you should be totally satisfied with the Nuggets current level of success?