NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Stu Lantz is a legend.... Billy Mac on the other hand Lakers fans have wanted gone lol. We've downgraded with our play by play guy hard since Chick passed away.

idk if its lakers or clippers announcing but one of them is absolute garbage. i feel confident i never enjoy lakers announcing tho. i like gorman and will die on the hill that he's one of the best pbp guys in basketball

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

idk if its lakers or clippers announcing but one of them is absolute garbage. i feel confident i never enjoy lakers announcing tho. i like gorman and will die on the hill that he's one of the best pbp guys in basketball

Lakers are fair and balanced to both teams, but Billy Mac just isn't a good play by play guy. We shouldn't have let Joel Myers or Spero Dedes go.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/your-2019-20-local-nba-announcer-rankings.html

Lakers and Celtics both ranked bottom third of the league here for announcers. Lakers 22nd and Celtics 26th. Neither highly liked by other fans it seems.

Myers comes in at 9th with the Pels. Both NY teams are 1st and 2nd.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

don't care much for where they're ranked. don't care for scal but i watch enough basketball to know gorman is great at what he does and has been doing it for 40 years or whatever. 

He may be a good pbp announcer and I haven't watched a lot of Celtics streams, but when I have they always seem pretty biased. Maybe nowhere near Heinsohn, but still biased nonetheless and that's one of the things I don't like when listening to teams local announcers. Obviously that doesn't matter much to Celtics fans though.