Week 14 - GDT - Saints (10-2) @ Eagles (3-8-1)

Mid Iowa

On the road, again. This time, playing in Philly.

As road games go, this one is perfect. It'll be 60degrees and sunny with a light breeze, and the Philly faithful will be watching from home (or a bar, getting stupid plastered).

Philly, at 3-8-1, is still in the playoff hunt, oddly enough. Somebody has to win that lousy division, right? Anyway, you know they'll be playing us hard.

In my mind, this is a game that will be a premonition of our playoffs. We should...SHOULD wax this team without hesitation, They are simply not good. So, if we let them hang in there with us, I'll count us out in the playoffs. If they come back and hang 14 on us in garbage time, I'll be on the fence. This should be a 38 - 10 (or 17) game. Hurts is going to have his hands full with our D, and vice versa. But I don't think he'll know how to deal with this. And, hopefully he's not "pro smart" enough to exploit Lattimore's shortcomings, as of late.

I'm looking for a big momentum building game!!

Yeah, this is probably a game we should win. With KC next week, though, looking past this team is a legitimate concern. Hurts played really, really well last week despite not having any first team reps. With a week to prepare I expect he'll be much harder for us to contain. If we go into it focused on what's next and not what's now, this team could very well surprise us. I'm not going to read too much into it. Rather have a bad week now than in the playoffs. No, no. I'd rather have no bad weeks but, you know. I can't always get what I want. 🤷‍♂️

As we stand right now, though, before the game has started (and without the benefit of hindsight) - I'd feel a lot better if Wentz was starting. 😁

• Like 1

This should be a comfortable win. Regardless of Hurts ability, he's still a rookie QB. Their O-line isn't the best. Their WRs are underperforming. Our D should force lots of 3 and outs and hopefully a few takeaways.

We're a heavyweight, so I hope we play like a heavyweight and win this comfortably from start to finish.

• Like 1