Colts/Rivers #3 Top 10 free agent signings of 2020.

coffeedrinker

Article is here

two really interesting points.  1)  Rivers has only been pressured on 19.9% of his drop backs.  But he has a better QB rating under pressure than from a clean pocket.

What's strange, though, is Rivers has been even better under pressure in 2020. He's one of only three quarterbacks to have a higher passer rating under pressure (104.7 versus 95.8 when free from pressure)

I didn’t want Rivers but I’m happy where we are now and am warming up to the idea of Rivers returning for 2021. In my idea of what Rivers could do for the Colts this is still not the best outcome; I was expecting the worst, but the season isn’t over yet and everything appears to be getting better. 

Now I’m hearing people talk about the Colts potentially resigning both Rivers and Brissett (at a much lower price) 

• Like 1

Rivers has definitely exceeded my expectations to the point where I would be happy to see him get another year unless we have a good shot at Dak or Stafford. None of the other possible FA names would be much of an improvement and it seems like the only QB's that might fall to us in the draft are Trask and Jones.

That said I still 100% expect our season to end with a heart-wrenching Rivers INT.