The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

6 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

FYI, with the bye wk's starting this Wk & considering our waver system this year, make sure your pre planing & play your best players each wk, including managing your players in the IR slots. Tanking rules will be enforced.

Full transparency. 

If I can't even pick up FAs on the day waivers run, my plan is to look ahead & set my lineup every week & pretty much not check this league until the playoffs. 

Just now, WE-R-Lions said:

Yes!

You can't pick-up FA's if you have ineligible players in your IR slots. you have to move them to your active roster, then you can add FA's

Tried that. They were locked lol. They were IR eligible when they were in there (both ruled active day of game). 

It's pretty dumb you're trying to rationalize this. Can we just point out how bad it is? I will. Kyren Williams is looking like a Dynasty darling. I went to bid $30 and he went for $1. 

It's frankly zapping the fun of the league for me personally as someone in rebuild mode looking to poach new talent. 

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Tried that. They were locked lol. They were IR eligible when they were in there (both ruled active day of game). 

It's pretty dumb you're trying to rationalize this. Can we just point out how bad it is? I will. Kyren Williams is looking like a Dynasty darling. I went to bid $30 and he went for $1. 

It's frankly zapping the fun of the league for me personally as someone in rebuild mode looking to poach new talent. 

After a players game starts the player is locked for all of us.

You should be able to move them now.

4 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

After a players game starts the player is locked for all of us.

You should be able to move them now.

So if I have an open roster spot BUT players in IR who are no longer IR eligible, I can't pick up any FAs on the day of waivers....? 

Lmao ya that's not an issue at all. Exactly how every league works. 

Listen, if you wanna defend the system, that's fine. Do you. 

I'm just saying I likely won't be checking the league until around playoff time. There's almost zero reason for me to. I'll still be on here to field trade offers, of course. If that somehow leads to me getting hit with a "tanking" penalty, so be it. 

5 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

So if I have an open roster spot BUT players in IR who are no longer IR eligible, I can't pick up any FAs on the day of waivers....? 

Lmao ya that's not an issue at all. Exactly how every league works. 

Then I don't understand the issue?  Just trying to help.....not defending anything!

15 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Then I don't understand the issue?  Just trying to help.....not defending anything!

The issue is I haven't been able to add a single player on the day waivers run the entire season 😂 And yet, by the grace of god, other teams with the exact same roster conditions as mine are able to. 

Regardless of whether I've had an open roster spot, guys in/out of IR, etc. That's the issue lol. This is NEVER an issue when waivers run on Wednesday as god intended. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

19 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

The issue is I haven't been able to add a single player on the day waivers run the entire season 😂

The waver action I'm showing for your team is:

Aug, 22 Add Sean Tucker

Aug, 25 Add Leonard Fournette

Sep, 2 Unsuccessful Van Jefferson

Sept,7 Add Trey Palmer

Sept, 16 Add Jake Ferguson

Sept, 16 Unsuccessful Josh Renolds

Sept, 20 Add Aaron Rogers

Sept, 21 Add Michael Wilson

Sept, 27 Add Joshua Palmer

If you can't move the two eligible players out of IR, I can do that for you, you will need to drop one player, just let me know who you want me to drop.

Then see if you can make an offer for a FA.

10 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

FYI, with the bye wk's starting this Wk & considering our waver system this year, make sure your pre planing & play your best players each wk, including managing your players in the IR slots. Tanking rules will be enforced.

Think that would be hard to enforce given the way waivers are set up.

personally if I have a guy hurt that is Game decision it's not tanking. Can't really drop them and can't put theM on IR after waivers and replace them 

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Listen, if you wanna defend the system, that's fine. Do you. 

I'm just saying I likely won't be checking the league until around playoff time. There's almost zero reason for me to. I'll still be on here to field trade offers, of course. If that somehow leads to me getting hit with a "tanking" penalty, so be it. 

I don't feel like I've been successful at waivers either honestly 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Think that would be hard to enforce given the way waivers are set up.

personally if I have a guy hurt that is Game decision it's not tanking. Can't really drop them and can't put theM on IR after waivers and replace them 

Yes,  that will be a consideration. Just looking for everyone to put their best effort to win each week.