Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

10 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

And what "group" meets at night time? 

@Tk3 you said you know mookie wasn't hit by a civ?

A group of evil horror movie villains? Which would make mookie evil aligned.

Only thing that wouldn't make sense with that is the person lurking in the shadows ready to pounce on mookie. Those are also the actions of a horror villain, and with his face being world famous, I'd guess that would be one of the big 3 Jason, Michael Meyers, Freddy.

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Jesus Christ. I'm Hannibal Lecter. I have sick observation skills. I investigated Bucs on n1 and he came back Cult. A cults ability is basically convert someone every night until you own majority. Makes sense for this game where you need majority to Lynch. 

Gizmo/bcb gets water spilled on him and creates a bunch of evil gremlins in the movie. In the game I suspect Bucs is another gremlin and the fact the multiply so fast in the movie is what the cult ability is based off of. 

I absolutely call shenanigans on this dome. If you truly were who you say, you would have lead with this. I think tk3 was building a case against mookie and before it could get traction you went all "I have role based knowledge too!" 

Then you played that game and the "just trust me" game for a while until I started to call you out on it. Then you come out with this "blue text" nonsense until you get called out on that. 

I think you're making most of it up as you go. You started with "I don't know who he is but I know he's not aligned with me" and moved to "I investigated him and he's cult"

ANYBODY who actually investigated someone would just flat out come out with that information. They don't beat around the bush. I think tk3 was on to something with mookie and you wanted to flatten it before it got rolling. 

Guys, vote dome or mookie I don't care which.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

A group of evil horror movie villains? Which would make mookie evil aligned.

Only thing that wouldn't make sense with that is the person lurking in the shadows ready to pounce on mookie. Those are also the actions of a horror villain, and with his face being world famous, I'd guess that would be one of the big 3 Jason, Michael Meyers, Freddy.

What if dome is right about there being a cult? And the hit on Bucs was actually a conversion attempt that was thwarted? And because dome failed to convert him he's now trying to get him killed. 

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

What if dome is right about there being a cult? And the hit on Bucs was actually a conversion attempt that was thwarted? And because dome failed to convert him he's now trying to get him killed. 

If that's the case then wouldn't Dome be committing suicide by saying Bucs wasn't aligned with him?

If that's the case and Bucs is a civ that Dome tried to convert, then we woild immediately know he lied after to days vote.

I need to go back and go through your longer post explaining your concerns about Dome. I vaguely remember his font comment, and being confused About it 

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

If that's the case then wouldn't Dome be committing suicide by saying Bucs wasn't aligned with him?

If that's the case and Bucs is a civ that Dome tried to convert, then we woild immediately know he lied after to days vote.

I need to go back and go through your longer post explaining your concerns about Dome. I vaguely remember his font comment, and being confused About it 

Not nescessarily, because we don't know the mechanics of the game nor the ratio it's hard to determine what's out there. It's possible that they are both others. It's somewhat unlikely but possible.

to me, if you're a civ and you have someone pegged with an investigation then you come right out with that information. Instead, he doesn't say ANYTHING about an invest until long after he is called out. You could argue that he's worried about getting hit, but I think at this point that there is at least one protector that's civ aligned with the possibility of a doctor as well. That being said, there is no reason to sit on that information unless you're not civ and haven't come up with your full story yet. 

look at his wording over it too. He had "role based knowledge" which was conveniently said by tk3 not long before him. Then he said he knows Bucs isn't aligned with him but he doesn't know who he is. Then later on he says he investigated and claims to know he is "cult". 

None of this adds up.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Not nescessarily, because we don't know the mechanics of the game nor the ratio it's hard to determine what's out there. It's possible that they are both others. It's somewhat unlikely but possible.

to me, if you're a civ and you have someone pegged with an investigation then you come right out with that information. Instead, he doesn't say ANYTHING about an invest until long after he is called out. You could argue that he's worried about getting hit, but I think at this point that there is at least one protector that's civ aligned with the possibility of a doctor as well. That being said, there is no reason to sit on that information unless you're not civ and haven't come up with your full story yet. 

look at his wording over it too. He had "role based knowledge" which was conveniently said by tk3 not long before him. Then he said he knows Bucs isn't aligned with him but he doesn't know who he is. Then later on he says he investigated and claims to know he is "cult". 

None of this adds up.

Yea, does seem like he's been just adding more and more to solidify his story.

I'm honestly stumped because I believed him considering I also believed his lying would mean suicide, but you're making some good points and obviously are more experienced in the game than I am.

I'm starting to believe you, however I also have to be up front in that there's outside motivation for me to just want to stick with Bucs and get someone/anyone lynched...my mod death because of my edit if a decision can't be made.

That's make me okay with taking the chance on Bucs if I'm being completely honest. May be selfish, but hey, no one's perfect.

I remember someone saying that cwood brought up the whole "other faction" aspect, and Bucs sort of hinted to it as well.

I need to go back and look at Domes reaction to those posts. If he did an investigation and found out that there was in fact a 3rd party other than mafia and town, it would make sense if he questioned them about their almost clairvoyant assertions. If he stayed quiet about it and didn't really jump on it until being questioned himself, that could definitely be seen as just trying cover himself and deflect

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

We've still got a good amount of time. Vote mookie if nothing else I think it gives us good insight on the dome/Bucs narrative.

What else do we have on Mookie other than he was attached by a civ?

What makes you believe tk3? Why isn't tk3 just as sketchy for saying "role based knowledge" and not being more specific with how he knows what he knows?

Bucs saying "so we did it" after an evil aligned got killed is pretty sketchy as well.

Archived