Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I guess the biggest question is: Is lynching an other (possible conversion) worth giving the mafia another round of moves/hits?

He's not just an other he's cult aligned, and cult aligned can overtake a game very fast. If they're not our biggest threat, they will be in a day, maybe two. 

If the Cult is not exterminated within the first two game Days, they almost inevitably win. Therefore, you shouldn't use these unless other people have told you you know what you are doing.

Most attempts at balancing a Cult need to address two problems: a swing issue (in which killing the Cult Leader early makes the Cult a non-issue, but failing to do so leaves them very powerful), and the issue that the cult can typically recruit as fast (or faster) than the town can lynch them. 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Cult

If you guys aren't gonna lynch someone that a non-cc'd detective says is a cult aligned player, then please just kill me now lol. 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

He's not just an other he's cult aligned, and cult aligned can overtake a game very fast. If they're not our biggest threat, they will be in a day, maybe two. 

I'm still reading up but if its been outed that he's a cult member i'll give him my vote now and worry about the details later, you can't let cults/conversions grow or it'll turn bad for the civs real quick.

bucs

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Well yea ... I KNOW mafia is a threat. I don't know if an other role is a threat. I've seen numerous games where others can win under several conditions

Have those conditions been the same as towns conditions? and has one faction been blue and the other red?

Cults can removes powers/abilities from anyone.. they can also directly convert townies to cultist, which is actually worse than a hit because you don't just lose a player, they gain one. 

10 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

There's a glaring hole with this though. How would he know he isn't aligned with him? 

Invest? Then just say you investigated him. 

Watched him? Then say what you know. 

The fact he keeps saying "role based" isn't concerning to anyone? 

IMO I see one of two scenarios. Dome is mafia and therefore knows Bucs isn't aligned with him but thinks/knows he is an other.

or dome is an other and thinks/knows Bucs is mafia. 

There is no other scenario that would give him knowledge that someone isn't aligned with him.

I am concerned about the way in which information was received but I don't think that's necessary information to lynch Bucs. Its a VERY bold move as mafia during day 2 to out information to get rid of an other, its even more bold for an other to try and eliminate a mafia member. I think its much more likely that DP is a civ aligned role that somehow got information, in combination with TKs information that makes bucs a good lynch if for no other reason than for information.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Have those conditions been the same as towns conditions? and has one faction been blue and the other red?

Cults can removes powers/abilities from anyone.. they can also directly convert townies to cultist, which is actually worse than a hit because you don't just lose a player, they gain one. 

There's several different ways that it's played out. It's 50/50 to me that they could be helpful or not. 

10 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

So we have two separate people pop in here and both of them say they have "role based knowledge". 

Thats not odd to anybody??

The only reason it isn't is because the information was conflicting until we settled on the "other" issue which could make them both right.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Dome, my Issue with your claim is how you went about it. It reads more as someone trying to save mookie and making it up as you go. If you're 100% that he came back as cult with the invest, then I will back you. 

I don't know how I can be any more clear. I've stated several times, along with probably a dozen hints, about how I came to have this knowledge. 

If he's not a Cult aligned player, it's because I'm an insane dective who receives bad results on my invests and I'll get lynched anyways.  That's the only way he's not a cultist, if my investigations are wrong because Hannibal Lecter is insane. 

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

The only reason it isn't is because the information was conflicting until we settled on the "other" issue which could make them both right.

I'm not settled on other. I'm certain bucs is cult. A very specific other. 

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I am concerned about the way in which information was received but I don't think that's necessary information to lynch Bucs. Its a VERY bold move as mafia during day 2 to out information to get rid of an other, its even more bold for an other to try and eliminate a mafia member. I think its much more likely that DP is a civ aligned role that somehow got information, in combination with TKs information that makes bucs a good lynch if for no other reason than for information.

The reason I think it would be good play by mafia is Because he'd come out and say "hey lynch Bucs, he's not civ. If he is civ then lynch me". If he's mafia and Bucs is other then he proved to be correct. If he's an other and Bucs is mafia, he's also correct. Then at that point he'd almost be free and clear to move on. 

Yes, I know I'm always paranoid. Don't judge me.

Archived