Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Also the hit on untouchable was 100% Jigsaw. Jigsaw made it a point to make sure people could survive his games. 

So if the hit on untouchable was Jigsaw then I think there is a chance no one ended up converted unless the cult had both a hit and a conversion move. 

+1

35 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Bcb says no screenshots but if I could post one I'd post a screenshot of a pm conversation Ragnarok and I had. He posted in the BDL thread advertising your game and I asked what mafia was. He gave me a brief description of the game and a link to the mafia scum wiki that I read though quite a bit of before signing up. 

If it had nothing to do with this specific game, that might actually be OK if not a little cheap.

Not sure. What’s everyone else think?

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

hey, gizmo was a shade of blue, he must be aligned with the dead moderator

yea, totally makes sense

obviously the moderator who knows everything is playing the game too....

oh wait

Huh? 

Who ever claimed the moderator was playing too?

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

With his dying words, Bucs exclaims

"I'm seriously just trying to make you all better people...."

This is troubling as well. Not sure what to make of it.

Is this a line from the movie?

So lets break down the N1 events since the storylines are very relevant so far.

Night One, Part One

Mookiemonster was just hanging around, not paying attention to the game when suddenly, he heard a ruckus coming from the woods.  His assailant is not exactly known for being quiet but is somehow gruesomely effective despite his face being world famous, or what is kind of his face.  But I digress

As his assailant heads towards Mookie, suddenly a group appears at Mookie's door.  They are ready to go out for the night, and exit through the front door.  Dejected, the murderer returned back to the woods

MOOKIEMONSTER IS STILL ALIVE

There was an attempted hit on Mookie N1. The description of the attacker is a "not quiet" "gruesome" man with a "world famous face". He was saved by a "group of people" that are ready to go out for the night.

My thoughts: It appears a civ/evil aligned player attempted to hit Mookie. Someone earlier guessed Freddie, Michael Myers, or Jason Voorhees, all of which could work. There were no descriptors for Mookie's character so we can't determine good or bad. I'm not sure how to interpret the group of people as they're not distinct character traits that would indicate a specific player blocking a hit.

Bucsfan333 was on his way home from his night out when he sees a smoking hot chick at his door.  Never one to be impressed easily, Bucsfan approaches the woman slowly.  With the speed resemblance of a video game character, the woman pulls a sword from behind her and stabs BucsFan in the belly.  Afraid of being caught, she runs off down the street

Bucsfan is in shock, he is lying on his doorstep, trying to solve the puzzle of what has happened to him.  He was targeted, he knows it now.  It is only a matter of tim.....

Suddenly a man comes hobbling down the street towards BucsFan.  Don't worry, I will fix this.  After taking him into the house, the man has managed to save BucsFan from certain death

BUCSFAN IS STILL ALIVE

There was an attempted hit on Bucs N1. The description of his attacker is a "smoking hot chick" who "resembles a video game character" and stabs him with a sword pulled from behind her. He is lying on his doorstep "trying to solve the puzzle" and he was "targeted". He was saved by a man "hobbling down the street".

My Thoughts: Obviously hindsight helps a lot with this one as we know Bucs was Jigsaw and the "puzzled" terminology gives us that hint to his character. The two other people did have descriptors. I tried to do some research into female video game characters with swords. Some guesses include Katsumi from the "Dead or Alive" series which was also turned into a movie but that was more of a comedy than a horror. Another could be Rayne from the movie/viedo game BloodRayne who is a vampire type character that fights Nazis and uses twin blades as a weapon. I stopped researching because I realized the character didn't much matter but rather the overwhelming idea is that a female character with a blade were overwhelmingly not "evil aligned" so this was a mafia hit. I didn't think to hard on the "hobbled man" because that description could fit any plethora of people but the mafia hit bucs and someone saved him somehow.

Now out of the house, MookieMonster is having an awesome time when suddenly, he is drawn to a tv.  He places his hand onto the screen to see what is so alluring and is suddenly gone from the scene in an instant.

MookieMonster may not vote in this day phase.  He can still talk and be voted for, however

My Thoughts: The only descriptor is that he was pulled into a TV. This could reference The ring where the little girl comes out of a TV (would be evil aligned IMO) I also read up about a movie called "Stay Tuned" with John Ritter but that was a comedy and doesn't exactly work here. In the end I could not figure an alignment for this one.

Night One   Part 2

Watching the action, Untouchable has been keeping a close eye on things.  Unfrotunately for him, his diminuitive stature leaves him vulnerable, and this night, that vulnerability has come into play.  From behind him, a man sneaks up and throws Untouchable into a burly sack  Untouchable curses at himself for not carrying his usual knife with him.  Nest thing he knows, he is being hung upside down and beaten with what feels to be some sort of crooked stick.

Suddenly, two small slits are cut into the bag.  Ahead of him, Untouchable can see a firey pit.  Next thing he knows, he is slowly moving towards his doom and the fire itself!

Your name is quite the irony now isn't it

Throughout your life, you have gained the trust of many people and even have legions of fans.  However, at every turn, you murder them.  Now, it is only them who can save you.  With every SAVEUNTOUCHABLE  vote in the thread, you will be dropped one inch lower on the conveyor belt string.  If you reach nine inches, you will fall short of the fire.  Anything else will catch the bag, and therefore you into flames.   You have two hours to plead your case.  Good Luck!

Night phase has been extended two hours.  Will Untouchable be saved?  Only time will tell....Night will conclude at  908 PM EST!

My thoughts: The Italicized font at the bottom definitely reads like Jigsaw describing his reasoning of why he chose them and put them into a puzzle. He also blatantly called Touch a murder which is why I haven't voted for him at this point. The descriptors for Untouch's role are "diminutive stature" that "usually has a knife with him" I'm unfamiliar with the Cats Eye movie someone posted earlier but the troll character could fit. Either way the "murderer" descriptor puts Untouch on the civ/evil aligned side for me. 

5 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Whicker can you expand a bit on Jigsaw and the series as a whole? I’ve only seen the first and I think I just saw it once.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

This is troubling as well. Not sure what to make of it.

Is this a line from the movie?

So as someone who has seen all of the Saw movies and has hosted a couple Saw themed mafias this is par for the course. Jigsaw's character is a guy who had terminal cancer and made it his mission to make people "appreciate life" the way that he did as someone who was given a death sentence. In the movies he takes people (who are all in someway connected even though they generally don't know it) and put them in traps or puzzles that they could get out of by either cutting off limbs or pulling out their own eyeball or other gruesome things.

Ok. So the “trying to help you” could just be Jigsaws twisted version of trying to help people appreciate life with his games, as opposed to a literal “I was trying to make you better (to the civs)”

makes me feel better that cult is bad for town and not good

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Ok. So the “trying to help you” could just be Jigsaws twisted version of trying to help people appreciate life with his games, as opposed to a literal “I was trying to make you better (to the civs)”

makes me feel better that cult is bad for town and not good

“Trying to make you better” is what Bucs said before dying, not “trying to help you”

my bad. Point still stands

Archived