Total Control Mock Draft (TCMD)

squire12

Round 2 of FA is in the books and where round 1 basically went exactly how i wanted aside from Tartt and Blair already signing elsewhere. Barely lost out on resigning WItherspoon to the Raiders and Sherman by a lot more. Also Juice got offered a 3/11.4 deal from the Jaguars so he went there instead of staying for 3/6.

Then over to the players we did bring in/retained. Sadly Alex Mack got resigned in round one so had to go with a different plan at center. After some research decided to go after Tyler Shatley who has mostly been a back-up in Jacksonville but when he played has been pretty good. Besides that put a pretty decent reserve bid in for Ben Garland(basically a bid that only triggers if another team bids on a guy). So ended up signing two center with Shatley getting 3/7.5 and Garland gettng 4/10. Contract length in this is basically put it as high as you can and backload contracts where you can. Both a pretty low Signing bonus so easy to get out of those contracts too.

Then decided to go after a back-up TE and ended up on Blake Bell. Has been a all-around solid TE in the league since we drafted him a few years back and one was one of the better blockers in the FA-class. Got him for 4 years at around the vet minimum. And lastly got a guy i really like in Frankie Luvu who will battle with Al-Shaair for that third LB spot and play some ST. Was another bid on him so slightly overpaid at 2/3.

• Like 2

Trying to build a 90 man and with some of the guys i want having a pretty high asking price still i decided to go with a bottom of the roster round. Got Dennis Gardeck(depth pass rusher) and Aaron Stinnie(G depth) and resigned Jordan Willis. Alle basically for minimum deals.

Tried to sign Quinton Dunbar who after some good years in Washington wasn't great in Seattle last year but got outbid(initially wanted to wait a round or 2 for his price to drop but saw him being targeted so decided to go for it now.

Also managed to claim Alex Taylor of the waiver wire. OT from last years draft thats 6'9 and has some athleticism. Could be a nice developmental guy.

21 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Also managed to claim Alex Taylor of the waiver wire. OT from last years draft thats 6'9 and has some athleticism. Could be a nice developmental guy

That's "future superstar 2020 forge shadow draft selection Alex Taylor" to you bud

On 4/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, Forge said:

#245 - Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So what happened to DJ Jones? Hmmmmm

Like the guy but his injuries coupled with the fact Armstead is moving inside more permanently after signing Clowney made it so i could let Jones go. Just a bit on the steep side for me to bring back but should do well wherever he goes if he can stay healthy.

6 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Like the guy but his injuries coupled with the fact Armstead is moving inside more permanently after signing Clowney made it so i could let Jones go. Just a bit on the steep side for me to bring back but should do well wherever he goes if he can stay healthy.

I signed him lolol

39 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Wasn't sure if you where the one that got him but i think he is a great signing for any team that needed a Nose that can offer something in the passing game.

I really like DJJ...and I'd love the 9ers to sign him. He's legit talented. But for the 9ers specifically its so much more complicated  because he's had his ups and downs with injuries (and getting gassed). In this game, I traded Hicks for Trent Brown, so made sense for me to add another thick guy in the middle (especially given that he's cheaper). 

IRL, I'm hoping that he just stumbles through the cracks of this free agent period so that we can bring him back on the cheap for a year. Would be great. 

Round four just went. First went to resign Taybor Pepper. No reason not to keep him for the vet min.

Targetted Cameron Sutton and Duron Harmon as the bigger targets this round. Want to add a CB to compete with Moseley and Verrett but so far have come up short time and time again and same with Sutton. Had a 4/24 mil deal in place for him but the Bengals went considerably bigger with a 4/36.1 mil deal. 

Other main target was Harmon to be the third S behind Ward and Moore since i don't really trust anyone we currently have on the roster behind them to step up when it matters. Got him on a 4/18.1 mil bid which is good value for a veteran safety that should even challenge Moore for that FS spot.

Lastly added another cheap signing in Brandon Facyson who i loved coming out. Played some for the CHargers last year and almost no snaps this year. Just a nice camp body to add to compete for the backend of the roster/PS.

Also decided to throw a quick depth chart together:

Offense:

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo - Josh Johnson

RB: Raheem Mostert - Jeff Wilson Jr - JaMycal Hasty - Austin Walter

FB: Josh Hokit

WR1: Brandon Aiyuk - Jakeem Grant - Jalen Hurd - Travis Benjamin - Chris Thompson - Austin Proehl

WR2: Deebo Samuel - Richie James - Jauan Jennings - Kevin White - River Cracraft - Matt Cole

TE: George Kittle - Blake Bell - Charlie Woerner - Chase Harrell

LT: Trent Williams -  Shon Coleman - Justin Skule - Corbin Kaufusi

LG: Laken Tomlinson - Aaron Stinnie - Dekoda Shepley

OC:  Tyler Shatley - Ben Garland - Jake Brendel

RG: Daniel Brunskill - Colton McKivitz - Isaiah Williams

RT: Mike McGlinchey - Alex Taylor

Defense:

LDE: Jadeveon Clowney - Alex Barrett - Josiah Coatney - Daeshon Hall

DT: Arik Armstead - Kentavius Street 

DT: Javon Kinlaw - Kevin Givens - Darrion Daniels

RDE: Nick Bosa - Dennis Gardeck - Jordan Willis 

SAM: Azeez Al-Shair - Frankie Luvu

Mike: Fred Warner - Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles - Mark Nzeocha

Will: Dre Greenlaw - Jonas Griffith

LCB: Jason Verrett - Ken Webster - Adonis Alexander

RCB: Emanuel Moseley - Brandon Facyson - Tim Harris

NB: K'Wuan Williams 

FS: Tarvarius Moore - Duron Harmon - Jared Mayben

SS: Jimmie Ward - Obi Melinfonwu - Chris Edwards

Special teams:

K: Robbie Gould

P: Mitch Wishnowsky

LS: Taybor Pepper

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

When I saw you trade down to 15, I thought of trying to trade up to get Slater as I assumed he would be your pick. Great move for you. 

Man have been trying all mock to trade up for Wilson or Fields. Had a deal with the Dolphins then the Chargers came up and i didn't want to match that. Had a deal in place with Bengals for a few days now because QB's always fall in this thing and then this year people decide to actually take QB's where they should. Pulled my own John Lynch because Slater would 100% have been my pick at 12. Had another offer from Miami that probably was better in value than what i got from the Falcons but really preferred the small jump where i still would have a good shot at getting the guy i wanted.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Man have been trying all mock to trade up for Wilson or Fields. Had a deal with the Dolphins then the Chargers came up and i didn't want to match that. Had a deal in place with Bengals for a few days now because QB's always fall in this thing and then this year people decide to actually take QB's where they should. Pulled my own John Lynch because Slater would 100% have been my pick at 12. Had another offer from Miami that probably was better in value than what i got from the Falcons but really preferred the small jump where i still would have a good shot at getting the guy i wanted.

Small drop back was the right call. If Darrisaw and Slater are gone, you're hurting. Especially with Vera - Tucker being gone. 

I'm actually intrigued to see how this goes for me. There are a couple of really big names available that could be there at 20...debating on whether or not I want to move down and pass them up lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Small drop back was the right call. If Darrisaw and Slater are gone, you're hurting. Especially with Vera - Tucker being gone. 

I'm actually intrigued to see how this goes for me. There are a couple of really big names available that could be there at 20...debating on whether or not I want to move down and pass them up lol

Got Williams back so OT wasn't the biggest need. Debated CB at 12 or with a bigger trade back and i wouldn't have minded Mac if i took a bigger trade back. But really happy to add Slater.