2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Did I say that? Rodman played and entire career and is among the all time greats in rebounding and defense. Harden could end up as a HOF but as of today not even close. The only active hall of famers today are:

LeBron James

Dirk Nowitzki

Kevin Durant

Dwight Howard

Chris Paul

Steph Curry

Players like Westbrook, Kawhi, and Harden are well on their way but are not at all locks if they were nominated today.

Westbrook is a lock...good lord man.

Leonard probably needs another year or 2, but he's knocking on the door.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Richmond has 20,000 points, an NBA title, and 5 All NBA Teams. Will Harden surpass all of that? Definitely. But as of now he isn't a HOF.

An NBA title as a benchwarmer at age 36.  No one voting paid attention to that.  Richmond never made 1st Team All-NBA, while Harden has made it 3x.  That's more impressive than making 3rd Team All-NBA an extra time.

What about Mullin?

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Westbrook is a lock...good lord man.

Leonard probably needs another year or 2, but he's knocking on the door.

One or two more years and Westbrook is a lock imo.

Kawhi has a much easier path than any of them. A Finals MVP (while he wasn't a superstar then, he still earned that), 2x DPOY and widely known as the best defender this league has seen in some time. I'd say 3 or 4 more years of what he's doing now and he's a lock.

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

One or two more years and Westbrook is a lock imo.

He's already a lock.  Take my stance on Harden and multiply it for Westbrook.  He has a much better resume than Richmond, Mullin, and many others.

Richmond has 20,000 points, an NBA title, and 5 All NBA Teams. Will Harden surpass all of that? Definitely. But as of now he isn't a HOF.

Calvin Murphy is in the Hall of fame on 17,000 points 18 ppg + 5 apg 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

An NBA title as a benchwarmer at age 36.  No one voting paid attention to that.  Richmond never made 1st Team All-NBA, while Harden has made it 3x.  That's more impressive than making 3rd Team All-NBA an extra time.

What about Mullin?

Being part of the 20,000 club is what I think moved Richmond into a HOF slot.

Mullin, nearly 18,000 points. I don't know if you are saying that Harden is a lock today due to his stats or due to his talent. 

Being part of the 20,000 club is what I think moved Richmond into a HOF slot.

Mullin, nearly 18,000 points. I don't know if you are saying that Harden is a lock today due to his stats or due to his talent. 

Harden being a better player and having a better resume puts him over Richmond.

How about Harden already having more assists than either of those players?  Why only points?  Harden has more career Win Shares than both of them, and he's not even 30 yet.

The Naismith Hall of Fame is easy to get into relative to the other Hall of Fames.  Harden and Westbrook are already there.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Harden being a better player and having a better resume puts him over Richmond.

How about Harden already having more assists than either of those players?  Why only points?  Harden has more career Win Shares than both of them, and he's not even 30 yet.

The Naismith Hall of Fame is easy to get into relative to the other Hall of Fames.  Harden and Westbrook are already there.

Let me say this. Maybe he gets in due to voting criteria. But in my opinion I would not at all say he's a HOF at this point. I'm also saying that I'm not exactly on the Mullin/Murphy/Richmond HOF train.

But yes Harden > Richmond, but I think he should have some sort of hardware or extra accomplishments at this point in his career to be a HOF lock today.

For me, Harden's playoff performance really sours me on the HOF notion at the moment.

Archived