2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

D Mitchell has to be a strong contender for ROY. Even though his team lost and he missed a ton of shots, his play has been quite incredible for a player that has to carry a team offensively so much night after night. That game tying shot was incredible. Utah wasn't supposed to be this could after their loss of GH and their injuries this year. The western conference is a tougher conference as well. 

Not sure how a player who went 13th for a small market team will do come voting time, but he honestly deserves the award IMO. 

So you think Mitchell has been a better NBA player than Ben Simmons?

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

better player, no. Better impact at the moment has to be at least a tie with Simmons IMO.

If you think Simmons has been the better player, but think Mitchell should win, then you're basing it off of narrative.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

If you think Simmons has been the better player, but think Mitchell should win, then you're basing it off of narrative.

Why? a better player has nothing to do with bigger impact as a rookie. I think Utah tends to need DM to play well for them to win more than Philly needs Simmons to do so. Utah has asked a lot out of Mitchell and he and his team has delivered at a great level for the last 2 months or so.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Why? a better player has nothing to do with bigger impact as a rookie. I think Utah tends to need DM to play well for them to win more than Philly needs Simmons to do so. Utah has asked a lot out of Mitchell and he and his team has delivered at a great level for the last 2 months or so.

Because the award isn't the most valuable rookie. It's basically saying that Mitchell carrying the Jazz is a better story than Simmons being the second best player on a top four team in the east, and that's why he deserves it.

So just because Simmons has a superstar for a teammate he shouldn't win ROY? If Simmons and Mitchell switched teams this wouldn't even be a discussion because Mitchell wouldn't be able to be the chucker that he is. I really like Mitchell, but there's no way he's been better this year than Simmons. 

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Because the award isn't the most valuable rookie. It's basically saying that Mitchell carrying the Jazz is a better story than Simmons being the second best player on a top four team in the east, and that's why he deserves it.

So just because Simmons has a superstar for a teammate he shouldn't win ROY? If Simmons and Mitchell switched teams this wouldn't even be a discussion because Mitchell wouldn't be able to be the chucker that he is. I really like Mitchell, but there's no way he's been better this year than Simmons

That's fine if you believe that way, but saying there is NO WAY, is a bit unrealistic to me. Anyway, I am just one person, but the sports media seemingly are talking about this and many seem to think DM deserves serious consideration. 

Simmons has also done some "historically" good things for a rookie, but Mitchell has as well. Averaging 20+ 3+ 3+ has been done by only Larry Bird, Jordan and 2 others ( I forgot) speaks pretty well of the impact he has had historically as well. To say he has no chance is wrong IMO. 

That's fine if you believe that way, but saying there is NO WAY, is a bit unrealistic to me. Anyway, I am just one person, but the sports media seemingly are talking about this and many seem to think DM deserves serious consideration. 

Simmons has also done some "historically" good things for a rookie, but Mitchell has as well. Averaging 20+ 3+ 3+ has been done by only Larry Bird, Jordan and 2 others ( I forgot) speaks pretty well of the impact he has had historically as well. To say he has no chance is wrong IMO. 

I'm not saying he has no chance of winning it. I'm saying he does not deserve it. And I don't give a rats *** what the sports media is saying about it.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

sounds personally, but the media have the votes, not you.

Do you honestly know what we're even discussing right now? I said he doesn't deserve the award, and you bring up who's voting for it like it's relevant to him deserving it.

You stated Simmons is the "better player" I am saying that has nothing to do with who wins the award. 

DM "deserves strong consideration IMO and many in the media seem to think the same. 

that's pretty straight forward.

What does the opinion of the media have to do with it? Some people in an NBA front office agree with my opinion. That doesn't make it any more or less valid.

Wait. You're saying who is the better player has nothing to do with who wins the Rookie of the Year? Are you kidding?

2 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

What does the opinion of the media have to do with it? Some people in an NBA front office agree with my opinion. That doesn't make it any more or less valid.

Wait. You're saying who is the better player has nothing to do with who wins the Rookie of the Year? Are you kidding?

I feel like I am going in circles. It's too late. I am out. See you tomorrow.

Archived