2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

I think JJ is back 100% if Lebron signs or not. He loves this team and theres a reason they paid him 23 million. I expect him to sign like a 2 year very team friendly deal 

I guess it's possible.  Maybe they had some sort of agreement that they'd pay him way over market value this season and slightly under market value the next 2 seasons on a new deal to even out.  If that's the case then Philadelphia would be even crazy scarier.

21 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

PG: Ben Simmons - Markelle Fultz - TJ McConnell
SG: Mikal Bridges (11) - Gary Trent Jr (26) - Timothe Luwawu-Cabbarot
SF: Robert Covington - Vince Edwards/Gary Clark (37)
PF: LeBron James - Dario Saric - Ersan Ilyasova (MLE?)
C: Joel Embiid - Amir Johnson - Richaun Holmes

That's just ridiculous

And maybe Redick.

vs.

PG: Kyrie Irving - Terry Rozier 
SG: Jaylen Brown 
SF: Gordan Hayward 
PF: Jayson Tatum - Marcus Morris
C: Al Horford 

And whatever else they throw together.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And maybe Redick.

vs.

PG: Kyrie Irving - Terry Rozier 
SG: Jaylen Brown 
SF: Gordan Hayward 
PF: Jayson Tatum - Marcus Morris
C: Al Horford 

And whatever else they throw together.

Imagine if they send a package to the Spurs around Tatum or Brown for Kawhi.

If so, getcha popcorn ready. Even if they don't, still get your popcorn ready lol. 

28 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Imagine the Sixers defense if they add LeBron and Bridges to this team...

LeBron isn't going to help the defense out all that much. But his defense will look much better playing alongside the athletes and defenders the 76ers have. In crunch time when he locks in, the defense will certainly be deadly. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lebron and Simmons can’t play together.  

I know you're being sarcastic and trying to play off of the "Paul and Harden can't play together" trope from before the season, right?

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LeBron isn't going to help the defense out all that much. But his defense will look much better playing alongside the athletes and defenders the 76ers have. In crunch time when he locks in, the defense will certainly be deadly. 

Yeah, he won't help much. The only benefit would be him playing as a pure roamer, with Covington and Simmons defending the best perimeter players and Embiid there to clean up mistakes.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I know you're being sarcastic and trying to play off of the "Paul and Harden can't play together" trope from before the season, right?

I think there are legit concerns of the fit, but that's only if LeBron plays the same way as he is now. But if he is off the ball more and in the post? It could absolutely work. The isolation and holding the ball for 20 seconds isn't going to work with Simmons being a non-shooter. At least when Harden or CP3 go into that mode, the other could shoot it from the outside if need be. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think there are legit concerns of the fit, but that's only if LeBron plays the same way as he is now. But if he is off the ball more and in the post? It could absolutely work. The isolation and holding the ball for 20 seconds isn't going to work with Simmons being a non-shooter. At least when Harden or CP3 go into that mode, the other could shoot it from the outside if need be. 

There's no concern. They are both incredibly intelligent and versatile players. Just because Simmons can't shoot doesn't mean they can't play together.

Of course they can play together, but LeBron will have to adjust his game. Simmons compensates for his lack of shooting by cutting well and crashing the boards, but LeBron could make it so much easier by just operating in the post a lot more. To go along with running those pick and rolls with Embiid.

@Pastor Dillon You don't turn down a guy of LeBron's caliber because of "fit" concerns, you just make it work.

Archived