Raiders re-sign LB Nicholas Morrow

RaidersAreOne

I feel like he should have went to WFT to follow Jack Del Rio and have a better opportunity to start and perform on a talented defense, assuming they had interest. I like him and appreciate his commitment to the Raiders, but he's a little blocked contract wise with Nick and Corey going to be on the field over him when healthly and obviously a large number of plays sub that third LB out.

Just now, Trojan said:

I feel like he should have went to WFT to follow Jack Del Rio and have a better opportunity to start and perform on a talented defense, assuming they had interest. I like him and appreciate his commitment to the Raiders, but he's a little blocked contract wise with Nick and Corey going to be on the field over him when healthly and obviously a large number of plays sub that third LB out.

I actually thought Morrow outplayed those two a lot of the time. Littleton came on strong though once PG was canned and Kwiat was solid yet unspectacular. Getting Morrow back is nice as long as it's not an absurd overpay.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I actually thought Morrow outplayed those two a lot of the time. Littleton came on strong though once PG was canned and Kwiat was solid yet unspectacular. Getting Morrow back is nice as long as it's not an absurd overpay.

I agree and as a fan I like him coming back, I just don't know if it's what is best for his career.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

he prolly would have shined on that defense. I think we should change Littleton to MLB, and Kwit to SLB. Play SLB closer to the line, even blitz him to attack the offenses. Littleton used to play inside in LA, and he is a former safety and not made for SLB. Morrow is fine using his speed at WLB. Littleton, and Morrow have great range so they stay on the field during nickel sets. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

he prolly would have shined on that defense. I think we should change Littleton to MLB, and Kwit to SLB. Play SLB closer to the line, even blitz him to attack the offenses. Littleton used to play inside in LA, and he is a former safety and not made for SLB. Morrow is fine using his speed at WLB. Littleton, and Morrow have great range so they stay on the field during nickel sets. 

Littleton has been playing weakside mostly I thought and Nick middle. Someone like Micah Parsons that is a true LB, but a heck of a blitzer would be ideal in our scheme as a SLB. Melvin Ingram as a FA fits or like Kyle Van Noy. I don't think Littleton or Kwiatkoski is a good fit as SLB, but fine where they are. Sio Moore from his prime would have been a fit at SLB in this scheme too or Mack. A blitz-y attacking LB, but not necessarily a pure edge and has LB traits is what we want there. Nick and Corey are more coverage-y than attack-y imo.

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Littleton has been playing weakside mostly I thought and Nick middle. Someone like Micah Parsons that is a true LB, but a heck of a blitzer would be ideal in our scheme as a SLB. Melvin Ingram as a FA fits or like Kyle Van Noy. I don't think Littleton or Kwiatkoski is a good fit as SLB, but fine where they are. Sio Moore from his prime would have been a fit at SLB in this scheme too or Mack. A blitz-y attacking LB, but not necessarily a pure edge and has LB traits is what we want there. Nick and Corey are more coverage-y than attack-y imo.

Nick has 4 sacks with the Bears, we didn't blitz him much last year. Basically would demote him to a 2 down role, he is actually iffy in coverage. 

Edited by Humble_Beast