Jags Sign K Josh Lambo

JiffyJag

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

bro that's a total improvement of 3.7, we got ourselves a champion 

HAHAHA! I love the optimism. Why couldn't we have a Vinatieri who from the age of 39-44 has been kicking FG at an average around 90%? 

Honestly, Lambo isn't amazing or anything but I'll still welcome the change. He is fairly consistent from 40 and in. Just ok from anything past that, and doesn't have the overall leg strength Myers has, but it doesn't matter if the guy has a big leg if he has ZERO accuracy.

We just needed to rid ourselves of this guy after all the things he's done these past couple years.

I mean, i doubt this actually fixes anything.  May even miraculously make things worse.  But whatever. 

Not going to lament the loss of Myers or anything.  Just feels like a kneejerk fan appeasement "message" thing.  As opposed to actually addressing the position back in the spring when there were kickers that hadn't been passed over by 31 other teams.

Just the inevitable outcome of a lose-lose situation.  Now it appears fan grumbling is applying pressure to front office decisions, which is bad.  But they obviously painted themselves into that corner by giving a vote of confidence to a bad kicker in the first place.  Couldn't exactly stick to that awful decision without appearing completely stubborn, or totally out of touch with reality.

So yay.  A different kicker to grumble about!  Exciting.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, i doubt this actually fixes anything.  May even miraculously make things worse.  But whatever. 

Not going to lament the loss of Myers or anything.  Just feels like a kneejerk fan appeasement "message" thing.  As opposed to actually addressing the position back in the spring when there were kickers that hadn't been passed over by 31 other teams.

Just the inevitable outcome of a lose-lose situation.  Now it appears fan grumbling is applying pressure to front office decisions, which is bad.  But they obviously painted themselves into that corner by giving a vote of confidence to a bad kicker in the first place.  Couldn't exactly stick to that awful decision without appearing completely stubborn, or totally out of touch with reality.

So yay.  A different kicker to grumble about!  Exciting.

I mean, it's been a long time coming as far as Myers being let go imo. He's looked absolutely awful and even missed a 41 yarder (?) I believe it was prior to getting bailed out by an offside call.

Something needed to change. You have to hold players accountable, especially one where you can get a likely similar/slightly better replacement just to send a message.

39 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, it's been a long time coming as far as Myers being let go imo. He's looked absolutely awful and even missed a 41 yarder (?) I believe it was prior to getting bailed out by an offside call.

Something needed to change. You have to hold players accountable, especially one where you can get a likely similar/slightly better replacement just to send a message.

Yeah.  It's fine.  It's just...lol.  Epitomizes the problems holding this team back right now.  Trying to change things after they really definitely very much for sure do not work, and the better options are gone.

But anyway...hope Lambo is good.  Cool name i guess.  Hope he kicks the balls less badly than Myers.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's fine.  It's just...lol.  Epitomizes the problems holding this team back right now.  Trying to change things after they really definitely very much for sure do not work, and the better options are gone.

But anyway...hope Lambo is good.  Cool name i guess.  Hope he kicks the balls less badly than Myers.

I mean, Lambo isn't an elite kicker or anything but if he can be consistent from inside the 40-45 than everything else is gravy.

I'm just sick of being on the edge of my seat for a extra point. Like good lord dude, how the hell are you in the NFL if you struggle THAT mightily with a freaking extra point. Plus all of his struggles from intermediate field goals. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, Lambo isn't an elite kicker or anything but if he can be consistent from inside the 40-45 than everything else is gravy.

I'm just sick of being on the edge of my seat for a extra point. Like good lord dude, how the hell are you in the NFL if you struggle THAT mightily with a freaking extra point. Plus all of his struggles from intermediate field goals. 

Yeah.  Totally fair.  Myers is terrible.  It's hard to be worse than that.

It's just like the prescient comments during the waiver wire frenzy this year where we weren't picking up OLinemen and stuff.  There's a reason these guys are on waivers/Free Agents mid-season.

And we're bringing one in as a key ST starter.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:24 AM, LinderFournette said:

He certainly is better. To what degree we will see but on paper its a notch up

Lambo

Inside 30: 100%

30 to 39: 95.2%

40 to 49: 70.8%

50+: 50%

Myers

Inside 30: 95.2%

30 to 39: 86.7%

40 to 49: 87.5%

50+: 52.6%

He's more reliable inside 40 and on PATs. Once you get to longer kicks, he's pretty terrible. But there's something to be said for being reliable on the gimmes.(however, he also isn't reliable on PATs, which is weird)

Just now, jrry32 said:

Lambo

Myers

He's more reliable inside 40 and on PATs. Once you get to longer kicks, he's pretty terrible. But there's something to be said for being reliable on the gimmes.(however, he also isn't reliable on PATs, which is weird)

well he has good Joujou for his name of Josh and Bad Joujou for his chosen number.  

you never know how a guy is gonna do in a new stadium so to speak.  

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lambo

Myers

He's had 4 blocked PATs, which makes up for half of his misses. He's made 70 of 78. Obviously not perfect, but nothing to be concerned with. Good snap, good hold, good blocking and it'll go in 94.59% of the time (compared to Jason Myers 86.4% with no blocked PATs). 

Archived