TCG Thread (Pokemon, Yugioh, MTG, DBZ, and more)

Justwinning

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I've had too much fun opening the Lord of the Rings MtG. Looks really good, and now I have a couple of binders where I'm going to be filling in the set. Which might be dangerous as I try and get it completely full.

Im so upset i have no interest in MTG anymore because this set is perfect for me because im such a huge LOTR fan.

5 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Both. Loved the game a couple years ago but lost interest because of outside issues. Someone basically ruining the game for me.

Fair, and unfortunate that someone ruined it, MtG is definitely a hobby that has more than it's fair share of people like that

Ā 

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Fair, and unfortunate that someone ruined it, MtG is definitely a hobby that has more than it's fair share of people like that

Ā 

Yeah it really stinks. Was totally into it too. I wanted to take time to learn all aspects of the game and genuinely improve as a player. Loved arena and was looking forward to playing paper as well.

On 7/18/2023 at 10:26 AM, Sad People said:

Yeah it really stinks. Was totally into it too. I wanted to take time to learn all aspects of the game and genuinely improve as a player. Loved arena and was looking forward to playing paper as well.

Maybe if you can find a good player you can get back into it. It is a very fun game/hobby, though so hard to keep up on. I am sticking to the Universe Beyond sets because Lord of the Rings is going to be more interesting to more people.

They have released some images of cards for the upcoming Doctor Who set.

https://bleedingcool.com/games/magic-the-gathering-showed-off-the-doctor-who-cards-at-sdcc/

14 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Maybe if you can find a good player you can get back into it. It is a very fun game/hobby, though so hard to keep up on. I am sticking to the Universe Beyond sets because Lord of the Rings is going to be more interesting to more people.

They have released some images of cards for the upcoming Doctor Who set.

https://bleedingcool.com/games/magic-the-gathering-showed-off-the-doctor-who-cards-at-sdcc/

Doctor who doesnt really intrigue me. The Harry Potter and LOTR set were both right up my ally.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played the Star Wars: Unlimited TCG coming next year as a demo event at Gen Con. It's a lighter TCG (at this point) but very good. Got through two games in an hour with the teach. A whole lot less overhead of "what does this ability mean" or "where does this go in priority order". Plus it's Star Wars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazon has had some Magic cards on sale as part of this Prime sale. Including some collectors boxes, I grabbed an Innistrad box and a dragon commander deck. They had the Lord of the Rings starter decks for $14, but those are gone. I didn't see any Pokemon cards, but I didn't look too hard.