Official Washington Wizards Thread

Kmart128

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Here’s an interesting thought for a Beal trade. What about trading Beal to the Bucks for Middleton, multiple first round picks - 2 or 3 - Divincenzo & Connaughton?

The Bucks seem stuck to me because they have an amazing athletic bigman that does everything at an elite level but shoot 3s & their 2nd best player is a SF who’s a sharp shooter but isn’t an elite athlete.

I think the Bucks need to make a move if they want any hopes of getting past the Nets or Sixers & even Beal w/ Gianis & Holliday may not be enough but I think that’s an interesting idea for both sides.

Is that what you'd want as a Wizards fan? That's a bunch of meh. Plus Milwaukee has already traded a bunch of its 1sts and swaps, so I'm not sure they can even offer any picks.

If it's the best offer, then take it. Trade Middleton at a later date to a playoff team. Help Donte continue to develop. Not sure why Connaughton is part of the deal...seems like an unnecessary throw in for both teams honestly.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Is that what you'd want as a Wizards fan? That's a bunch of meh. Plus Milwaukee has already traded a bunch of its 1sts and swaps, so I'm not sure they can even offer any picks.

If it's the best offer, then take it. Trade Middleton at a later date to a playoff team. Help Donte continue to develop. Not sure why Connaughton is part of the deal...seems like an unnecessary throw in for both teams honestly.

Not really what I want, just a thought. I want Beal to stay long term & for the Wizards young players & whoever they draft this year to develop into solid plays around him. 

• 1 year later...

Projections for Wizards 2022-23 stats:

PG Monte Morris: 14pts, 6 asts, 3 rebs

Delon Wright: 7 pts, 3 asts, 3 rebs

SG Beal: 29 pts, 5 asts, 5 rebs

Kispert: 9 pts, 1 ast, 3 rebs

Johnny Davis: 2 pts, 1 reb

SF Will Barton: 15 pts, 4 asts, 5 rebs

Deni Avdija: 9 pts, 2 asts, 5 rebs

Jordan Schakel: 2 pts, 2 rebs

PF Kyle Kuzma: 17 pts, 3 asts, 8 rebs

Rui Hachimura: 13 pts, 1 ast, 5 rebs

Taj Gibson: 4 pts, 4 rebs

Anthony Gill: 4 pts, 3 rebs

Isaiah Todd: 2 pts, 1 reb

C Porzingis (KP): 21 pts, 3 asts, 9 rebs

Gafford: 9 pts, 1 ast, 6 rebs

Vernon Carey: 3 pts, 2 rebs

* Johnny Davis will spend most of the year as the 11th man on the team. A lot like Otto Porter when we drafted him in 2013, they will take it slow with Davis in his development. They’ll let him develop his 3-pt shot & as he becomes more consistent as a 3-pt shooter he will get more minutes as the season goes on and in future years as a 3 & D reserve SG & SF. I could see Davis as our starting SF in his 3rd year after two years of developing behind Beal.

Shackel, Todd & Carey will probably see a lot of time in the G-league this year & possibly Johnny Davis as well.

The biggest question is, have the Wizards done enough to win 45 games this year? They’ve upgraded their starting line up significantly w/ Morris a good two-way point guard & KP - the unicorn - who has yet to play w/ Beal but after the Wiz traded for him last year he averaged 22 pts, 9 rebs & 3 asts a game. If he can keep that up, Beal at 26 ppg to 30 ppg w/ KP at 22 ppg & Kuz at 17 ppg is a good big 3 for the Wiz.

The Wiz have one of the deepest benches in the NBA w/ their recently drafted wing players (Corey, Deni & Rui) leading the pack. Rui used to be a starter until the Wiz traded for Kuz last year & Rui missed the 1st half of the year w/ personal issues. Still, Rui is capable of scoring 14 ppg & grabbing 6 rebs a game as a starter or more, heck he may do that as a back up playing 20-25 mpg this year as he shot 45% from 3 last year. Beyond those 3 they have Delon Wright at back up PG/combo guard & the reliable rim protector & athletic big Gafford as their back up C.

Because of the Wizards depth, they have a great shot of making the playoffs & maybe even pushing to have home court though I seriously doubt that happens. It’s more likely they win 40 to 42 games this year rather than 45 or more, but there’s an outside chance of Beal goes for 30-31 ppg while actually committing to the D that WUJ wants, KP gives them 20-25 pts w/ 9 or 10 rebs & Kuz gets 17 pts w/ 8 rebs that the Wiz can be better than people are expecting.

Do I expect that to happen? No, I expect a 7 or 8 seed or another play-in-game appearance like in 2020-21 like when we had Westbrook & Beal together but there’s a chance the Wiz can be better than that, as Alina as it may be.

Edited by turtle28