Washington OTC at #163, you make the call. (#19 JOK, #51 W Davis, #74 Werner, #82 Tremble, #124 Johnson)

MikeT14

14 members have voted

1. 1. #163

• Victor Dimukeje, DE, Duke
    • Tay Gowan, CB, UCF
    • Khyiris Tonga, DT, BYU
    • DJ Daniel, CB, Georgia
    • Kayode Awosika, G, Buffalo
    • Joshua Kaindoh, DE, Florida State
    • Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State
    • Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
    • Feleipe Franks, QB, Arkansas
    • Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
    • Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami (Ohio)

19th - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

51st - Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State

74th - Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State

82nd - Tommy Tremble, TE, Notre Dame

124th - Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana

We're OTC at 163 in the 5th round. Who you got? 

I went with Chuba Hubbard.  Not huge (6 foot, 210) but a good inside the tackles runner with plus speed.  I think he offers a lot more as a rotational back than veteran retreads like Lamar Miller.

Also: he's got a natural Ben & Jerry's sponsorship deal.

Edited by noptov52
  • Like 1

Of these options, it’s really down to Shakur Brown or Chuba Hubbard for me. 

If you could combine Kaindoh and Dimukeje into one player, that guy would be an excellent pick. Take Kaindoh’s length and burst and give it to Dimukeje, he’d be a star. Sadly, neither of them feels like more than a rotational player on their own, so I’d just wait it out there. 

Doyle is an interesting guy, but I’m not sure he gives us much more than we already have. At OT, once we’re past the guys with legit starting LT upside, I’m a little lukewarm on the position. We’ve got Charles (and Christian) as developmental guys already, and having already drafted Wyatt Davis makes the ability to kick inside to OG a little less valuable. 

Hubbard is one of those guys that seems to have the whole package, but just never impresses me when I watch him. He doesn’t have a lot of wiggle and he doesn’t really run through guys. If you block it up, he’s a big play threat all day. But if you don’t, he’s not really the guy to make something of nothing. Would take him in some situations here, but I like the next guy better. 

Shakur Brown reminds me of Kendall Fuller in a lot of ways. Not quite as smooth a mover as Fuller, but he’s got the instincts and the ball skills and the willingness to stick his nose in there. He’s a feisty dude, I think he could bring some more of that edge to this defense. Likelihood is he ends up in the slot, because I think he’s more of a small area player, but he’s got pretty good ability to match on the outside and he’ll challenge anybody. Really like his style.

I’d go Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State.

Chuba Hubbard easily for me since we didn’t got with Herbert from Va Tech with our last pick. Hubbard has starting RB ability he just played in an offense that is pass happy and didn’t focus on the running game and never has since Mike Gundy was hired there. If Hubbard had gone to a Big 10 or SEC school he would probably be discussed as a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Edited by turtle28