orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

5 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

bamba voluntarily listening to clifford talk

Trade our 19, 20, 21, and 22 1st round picks for him idgaf anymore that’s my guy. I’ll make a blood sacrifice at this point. And his favorite player was T-Mac? Dang this dudes awesome.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:00 AM, dtait93 said:

Scoring champ vs Defensive player of the year

Young: 29/4/5/3 on 36% shooting. 3/12 from 3 and 5/10 from 2. 8 TO's

Carter: 17/7/10/3 on 46% shooting. 2/5 from 3 and 4/8 from 2. 3 TO's

speaking of jevon carter

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Article/Jevon-Carter-will-work-out-for-the-Orlando-Magic-on-Friday-119060490/

i would like for him to be on orl

3 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

i cant see trae doing all this ORL repping w/o them saying they're taking him at 6 if he's there

won't be super mad if bamba isn't there. 

Atleast he’ll bring some buzz to the city I guess... why does he even want to come here so bad?

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Woj said in our war room, the margin between Sexton and Young is razor thin.

David Aldridge released a mock earlier today, has us taking Sexton.

Obviously the comparison people are drawing for Young at his apex is Curry. The comparison I draw for Sexton at his apex would be Westbrook. He’s just extremely aggressive both offensively and defensively. He can get to the rim, absorb contact and finish, is great at getting to the line (7.6 FTA/gm), has a nice mid range game, and his 3 point shot’s not too shabby. He shot 33.6% from 3 while Young shot 36%. He’s also a really good defender. He draws the Westbrook comparison for me because the blinders come on when he takes it to the lane and you can tell he is only looking to score. He doesn’t have good vision and his passing ability is sub-par. He is definitely a score first point guard. Here are his stats compared to Young:

Sexton: 19.2/3.8/3.6/0.8 - 49.5/33.6/77.8 shooting - 23.5 PER and 32.9 USG% - 2.8 TOV/gm

Young: 27.4/3.9/8.7/1.7 - 49.3/36/86.1 shooting - 28.3 PER and 37.1 USG% - 5.2 TOV/gm

I think what it boils down to is which traits do Weltman and co. value more in a point guard? One with much better vision, who is a little more efficient of a shooter, but is lacking on the defensive end? Or one that lacks vision, who is a little less efficient of a shooter (but is still a great scorer), but is a much better defender?

I’d prefer Young because of his vision and higher efficiency. You can’t teach court vision but you can get away with being a weak defender. Here was there head to head stats from their matchup in January:

Sexton: 18/3/2/0 - 7/10 from 2 and 1/4 from 3. 3 TO’s on 32 minutes played.

Young: 17/3/8/1 - 2/8 from 2 and 4/9 from 3. 5 TO’s on 37 minutes played.