O2Wd0wG.png

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/top-14/table

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pro12_Pro14_Logo_Portrait_White_Crop.jpg

(Conference A - B)

b6WZEOR.png

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/pro12/table

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Exeter looking good! Still expect Sarries to usurp them though, but when the 6N rolls around, Ex to be on top again.

There's a good chance we see a repeat of last season's final. 

Although, Wasps have thundered back into contention after a bit of a form slump. Bath unfortunately are heading in the opposite direction after an initial hot start.  

Injuries have certainly taken a toll on the Aviva teams in Europe this season.The winners of the Champions & Challenge cup will likely come out of either the Pro 14, or Top 14.  

Edited by Marc MacGyver

5 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I've been watching a decent amount of Aviva matches but I don't really have a favorite team. Really looking forward to the Six Nations. 

I've been watching the NFL for around 15 years, & CFB for just over 10. I still don't have a favourite team in either. (Although, there are teams in both I have a soft spot for.) 

Personally, I just love the game, & want to see high quality football. Sometimes sport is better that way. 

Agreed, the Six Nations is shaping up to be a good one. 

However... 2018 has finally arrived, & that means we finally get to see that match we've all been waiting for...

(3 years in the making)

England-Vs-All-Blacks-2012.png

1 hour ago, Marc MacGyver said:

I've been watching the NFL for around 15 years, & CFB for just over 10. I still don't have a favourite team in either. (Although, there are teams in both I have a soft spot for.) 

Personally, I just love the game, & want to see high quality football. Sometimes sport is better that way. 

Agreed, the Six Nations is shaping up to be a good one. 

However... 2018 has finally arrived, & that means we finally get to see that match we've all been waiting for...

(3 years in the making)

England-Vs-All-Blacks-2012.png

Will be an anti-climax, IMO. I think the ABs will clear our minds, and do their usual thing. Will be close for 65 mins, then they'll pull away. England aren't as good as their record suggests, somehow. We also have tended to need the final 10  mins to win most of our games under EJ.

On 04/01/2018 at 7:25 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Will be an anti-climax, IMO. I think the ABs will clear our minds, and do their usual thing. Will be close for 65 mins, then they'll pull away. England aren't as good as their record suggests, somehow. We also have tended to need the final 10  mins to win most of our games under EJ.

You could say the same thing about New Zealand in 2017.

- Drew the Lions series after being in a position to win it.

- Nearly lost the 2nd Test to Australia in Dunedin. Lost the 3rd Test to Australia in Brisbane. 

- Nearly lost to South Africa in Cape Town. 

- Nearly lost to Scotland in Edinburgh 

Overall they were very inconsistent, either blowing teams off the park, or scraping home at the death. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the game both teams need heading into Japan 2019.

The teams will be motivated to perform, & it'll give insight into where both sides really are in terms of progress. 

It's almost criminal that the two Unions & World Rugby failed to schedule a match between these sides for three years. If there is one positive to take from the scheduling, it's the fact that the results of the two teams have set up a blockbuster encounter in November.  

7 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

You could say the same thing about New Zealand in 2017.

- Drew the Lions series after being in a position to win it.

- Nearly lost the 2nd Test to Australia in Dunedin. Lost the 3rd Test to Australia in Brisbane. 

- Nearly lost to South Africa in Cape Town. 

- Nearly lost to Scotland in Edinburgh 

Overall they were very inconsistent, either blowing teams off the park, or scraping home at the death. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the game both teams need heading into Japan 2019.

The teams will be motivated to perform, & it'll give insight into where both sides really are in terms of progress. 

It's almost criminal that the two Unions & World Rugby failed to schedule a match between these sides for three years. If there is one positive to take from the scheduling, it's the fact that the results of the two teams have set up a blockbuster encounter in November.  

Maybe they're taking lessons from boxing. Having a massive build up to make it even more box office. I heard it's because NZRU was quoting extortionate amounts, and RFU were unwilling to pay? I have no idea. I know NZ do pocket a lot of money touring in Europe. 

As for the game, if England are as injured as they have been, it could be a dissapointment. Need Billy V, Farrell, and the locks fit. Then we have a game. 

20 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Maybe they're taking lessons from boxing. Having a massive build up to make it even more box office. I heard it's because NZRU was quoting extortionate amounts, and RFU were unwilling to pay? I have no idea. I know NZ do pocket a lot of money touring in Europe. 

As for the game, if England are as injured as they have been, it could be a dissapointment. Need Billy V, Farrell, and the locks fit. Then we have a game. 

The NZRU (NZR) was very stubborn trying to negotiate payment for with the RFU. However, the demands possibly stem from the match not being originally scheduled, & the expectation they should be compensated for changes to scheduling. 

As you say, the whole thing is very boxing-esque. The top two contenders (By some distance) of world rugby, & messy negotiations around the proposed payday. 

Unfortunately, it’s the fans that miss out waiting for this blockbuster.

Billy V is back, so that’s positive news.

One thing both teams have done brilliantly since RWC 2015, is develop depth. Sometimes it comes at the expense of putting out the best quality performance, but it is crucial to long term success. 

Injuries, or not? It’ll be a great game. Teams from the North have given NZ a lot more trouble over the past few years, than their regular foe down South. Defence is the difference imo, the defences of the North are so well drilled & accurate. 

Edited by Marc MacGyver

On 07/01/2018 at 5:25 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

Injuries, or not? It’ll be a great game. Teams from the North have given NZ a lot more trouble over the past few years, than their regular foe down South. Defence is the difference imo, the defences of the North are so well drilled & accurate. 

Yeah, very well drilled up here. Especially Ireland (effers). NZ just always have the best players though. It's a conveyor belt. Carter retires and in comes Barrett.....:|