Update: Andrew Luck placed on IR, seeking treatment in Europe

paul-mac

21 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Ryan Tannehill's stem cell therapy in hopes to repair his knee was a failure.

Isn't Luck doing the blood spinning, not the stem cell? Or are they one in the same? 

Overall, you're right; There's no singular magic bullet that will get any joint working after an injury, it's a combination of things that have to go right for it to work. 

35 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Isn't Luck doing the blood spinning, not the stem cell? Or are they one in the same? 

They are different procedures. I'm not aware of what type of therapy Luck is receiving, but both methods are experimental and unproven. While both show efficacy in some cases, in others they do not. In fact, case studies show that the placebo is just as effective as the treatment for PRP (blood spinning).

Out of curiosity, is there a link or article describing the non-traditional treatment that Luck is receiving? If it's posted earlier in the thread, my apologies for being lazy.

Edit: Seems as though any indications for the specific treatment he is getting is strictly speculation at this point.

1 hour ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Edit: Seems as though any indications for the specific treatment he is getting is strictly speculation at this point.

Yeah, seems like there's correlation to Luck heading to Europe and the blood spinning. My bad, B.

Yeah. That was my speculating on what it could be. There’s nothing concrete to suggest it might be. And I’m not even sure that anyone reporting on it is even speculating that to be the treatment he’s receiving.

I was just making an educated guess based on the reports of his shoulder being in pain when moving and some reports of potential inflammation. Given the recent uptick in prevalence of use amongst athletes (particularly the bunch of Seattle players who received the treatment this summer), and the fact that he had to head to Europe to receive the treatment, it seemed the most plausible to me.

But it’s still entirely possible he’s receiving some different treatment that’s nothing like orthokine or stem cell treatment. 

Archived