Who were the '97-'98 Denver Broncos' biggest rival?

Championshiporbust

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

The Patriots violated a memo. It was an in-season memo that had no actual standing other than the commissioner playing god.

• Oh yeah, the Patriots did get caught red handed violating an actual legit rule once... filming the Bengals for a documentary thing last year and they lost a pick.

The Pats were cheating since 2000, when Belichick and Ernie Adams (the Director of Football Research) got there. In Week 1 of that season, after Tampa beat NE, Charlie Weis walked up to Bucs DC Monte Kiffin and basically said that they knew all their calls and still couldn't beat them.

Also, you are right about SF. They were way bigger cap cheats than Denver could have even dreamed to be.

15 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Damn, this thread turned into a salt mine for losers. :)

Eh, just one. 

It's pretty amazing - although I don't know that the 90s were an ammaaaaazing decade for NFL football, 9 of the 10 champions from that era are extremely impressive football teams (the 1990 NYG hardly sucked, but I rate them as "Parcells' most amazing coaching job"....if not for the aberration that was the 00 Ravens, they'd have been the last ground-and-pound champion

7 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

You're telling me that the 90s Broncos titles are illegitimate? 

Just saying if we're throwing the "cheating"/"no integrity" charge around, greasy jerseys and salcap machinations weren't the only red flag. 

Though TBF, given the NFL's lax steroid policy, Romanowski probably wasn't the only guy walking along (or leaping over the PED) the line of  PED use. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example