Schedule is shaping up

Mid Iowa

So we're 6 games (7 weeks) into the season and we're starting to see the flavor of what's to come, schedule wise.

Of our 10 remaining games, we're home for 6 of them. 2 of our road games are going to be really tough, and all 4 are serious.

Road - Bills 4-2, Rams 5-2, Falcons 3-3, Buccs 2-4
Home - Bears 3-4, Buccs 2-4, 'Skins 3-2, Panthers 4-3, Jets 3-4, Falcons 3-3

The Buccs and Jets are the only "weak" looking teams on the schedule (Buccs twice) and possibly the Bears due to a rookie QB.

Of the road games, the Bills game, in 3 weeks, is the only one that weather could be a total craps shoot. They could have sunny & 65, or 3 feet of lake effect snow. And the Bills are no joke, they seem to be a bit of a yo-yo right now, so let's hope we get them at the bottom of their swing.

The Rams are for real, and they are playing about as good as anyone in the league right now, and their team is pretty healthy (unlike Minnesota, the #2 NFC seed), and we'll see them in 5 weeks in LA.

The Falcons, Buccs, and Panthers are all capable of surprising us and comprise 1/2 of our remaining schedule.

If I had to look at paper, I'd say we finish with at least 3 losses (Bills on the road, Rams on the road, Skins in the Dome) and a possible dropped game vs a division opponent, because it just seems to go that way.

Regardless, we should certainly finish at least 9-7, But more than likely 11-5. Considering how we started the year, I'll take it!

We're currently a 4th seed playoff team (Seahawks are 5th, so that would be our first playoff opponent) with a big game coming tonight between the #1 & #6 seeds, Eagles and 'Skins, respectively.

The Saints are 2 Vikings losses away from #2 seed as the Vikings hold a tie-breaker over us and they're 5-2 right now.

We've certainly got some work to do, and it's getting interesting.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the Bucs are currrently the only team we'll play that has a losing record.  Every team we've played thus far has had a winning record.

The Bears, Buccs, and Jets have losing records. The Falcons are .500

The Lions are also .500 - other than that, yes, all the teams we've played are above .500

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The Bears, Buccs, and Jets have losing records. The Falcons are .500

The Lions are also .500 - other than that, yes, all the teams we've played are above .500

I forgot about the Bears, and the Jets were 500 before yesterday.

Still, there are no garbage teams on our schedule.  There are few garbage teams in the league this year anyway.

Someone told me earlier the Saints have had the hardest schedule in the NFC, can someone confirm?  If so, it's encouraging to be 4-2 under those conditions.  Although, the two best teams we played beat us soundly, but that was before our defense started clicking.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:15 PM, Jlowe22 said:

I forgot about the Bears, and the Jets were 500 before yesterday.

Still, there are no garbage teams on our schedule.  There are few garbage teams in the league this year anyway.

Someone told me earlier the Saints have had the hardest schedule in the NFC, can someone confirm?  If so, it's encouraging to be 4-2 under those conditions.  Although, the two best teams we played beat us soundly, but that was before our defense started clicking.

If we make the playoffs with this schedule we will have been battle tested and ready for the post season. 

Archived