This stat argues 2020 best of Jonathan Allen's career

turtle28

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/stat-argues-2020-season-best-jonathan-allens-career-despite-sack-total

“However, Pro Football Focus' Ben Linsey takes a deeper dive into the defensive metrics and reveals that despite only have two sacks, the Washington Football Team defensive lineman was a top-10 interior pass-rusher in the NFL.

Sacks aren't the lone way to determine how effective a defensive lineman is. Another metric that PFF used to determine how valuable Allen is to the Washington defensive line is the pass-rush win rate. 

For those needing a quick explanation, the pass-rush win rate measures the percentage of plays where a pass-rusher beats his blocker even if the rep does or doesn't result in pressure. The metric is a more efficient way to examine how disruptive a player is over a period of time. 

In 2020, Allen finished eighth in pass-rush win rate with 17% despite only producing two sacks. Furthermore, Allen's production for the 2018 and 2019 seasons saw him finish at 39th with a 10.2% pass-rush win rate. 

Despite the two sacks, it doesn't take long to look at the disruptiveness that Allen causes on the inside helped his teammates on the defensive line. Last season, Chase Young had 7.5 sacks and four forced fumbles; meanwhile, Montez Sweat had nine sacks and two forced fumbles.”

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Welp here’s another guy we’ll play franchise tag-tag with and let walk. 

We don’t know enough about the contract demands IMO. I want Jon Allen back, I’ve made that clear for two years since people first started talking of trading him so we could keep the others, but if Jon Allen is looking to make Aaron Donald $, he’s not worth it and we should trade him and focus on re-signing the others as their contracts come up or before.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We don’t know enough about the contract demands IMO. I want Jon Allen back, I’ve made that clear for two years since people first started talking of trading him so we could keep the others, but if Jon Allen is looking to make Aaron Donald $, he’s not worth it and we should trade him and focus on re-signing the others as their contracts come up or before.

I mean, this is literally happening with all of our players now and the fanbase gives the same response you do. At some point you have to re-sign your homegrown players. You can’t just keep letting everyone walk and expect to be a contender especially when your identity is built around a stud defense and you aren’t paying a premium for a QB.

This same crap is going to happen with Payne, McLaurin, Sweat etc and the fanbase will convince themselves they want too much money while Snyder lines his pockets and we lose our players. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, this is literally happening with all of our players now and the fanbase gives the same response you do. At some point you have to re-sign your homegrown players. You can’t just keep letting everyone walk and expect to be a contender especially when your identity is built around a stud defense and you aren’t paying a premium for a QB.

This same crap is going to happen with Payne, McLaurin, Sweat etc and the fanbase will convince themselves they want too much money while Snyder lines his pockets and we lose our players. 

It depends on the cost. I don’t know how that can’t be an issue. You can’t give every player top $ for their position. It doesn’t mean you don’t re-sign some of your homegrown players, it’s just the contract has to match the player’s performance etc.

Payne, McLaurin & Sweat are younger when they’re coming up for their 2nd deals. They can also re-sign Settle & Ioannidis.