Cam Akers Tears Achilles

BStanRamFan

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

We had a better O-line then. Also, a deeper one. 

But as @StLunatic88said, if there's any position you can grab a guy off the street and see immediate production, it's the RB position. I do think we will go more pass heavy this year then last.

Yeah the CJ example isn't a good one. He had 3 great games. 2 against awful defenses in Arizona and San Francisco and for whatever reason the Cowboys decided to not give a damn against the run in the playoff game. He was bottled up in the Saints and Patriots games. And he offered nothing in the receiving game which Akers would have. 

I think we will go more pass heavy but I also think the team wants more explosion and speed (DJax, Tutu, Harris, etc). I think going after a slow plodding vet RB may be have been the move in the past but I think this year they may choose to go with something more dynamic.

• Like 1

McVay mentioned in yesterdays presser that Henderson will not see a snap in preseason. Safe to assume he will be given a chance to be an everydown back. I think he can do it if he stays healthy. I still expect to see some Jake Funk and Xavier Jones a few snaps similar to Brown.

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

McVay mentioned in yesterdays presser that Henderson will not see a snap in preseason. Safe to assume he will be given a chance to be an everydown back. I think he can do it if he stays healthy. I still expect to see some Jake Funk and Xavier Jones a few snaps similar to Brown.

I wouldn't expect Hendo in a workhorse role. It should still be a committee like last year when all of Akers, Hendo, and Brown were healthy. Do something like 65%, 25%, 10% with Henderson getting the bulk of the work. 

• Like 1