2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Just take Ivey and don't think twice about it. Don't let Davion Mitchell keep you from taking a potential superstar.

Davion Mitchell isn’t the hang up in my mind. It’s Fox and Ivey playing with similar style offensively, lacking consistent outside shooting and nothing special defensively. I do agree to a degree though, Ivey is the clear “other player” at the top of this draft. If your the poverty franchise Kings and that kind of talent is there you don’t get to pass on it. If you’re worried about fit and are 100% on Fox and Mitchell moving forward than move the pick. And I say this being a fan of Murray’s game and potential fit with Sabonis in the front court.

Edited by Fureys49ers

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Davion Mitchell isn’t the hang up in my mind. It’s Fox and Ivey playing with similar style offensively, lacking consistent outside shooting and nothing special defensively.

Ivey can defend. I'm not worried about Jaden Ivey. Fox can't shoot and that's the biggest problem with him. I'd take Ivey and look to trade Fox.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ivey can defend. I'm not worried about Jaden Ivey. Fox can't shoot and that's the biggest problem with him. I'd take Ivey and look to trade Fox.

I’ve been starting to think the same. Both Fox and Ivey aren’t terrible defensively, just not a strength. But I’ve been starting to think if we could move off Fox and his contract that might be our best route, likelihood of it happening aren’t great though.

Fox and Beal wouldn’t be terrible for Washington though. Fox for some wings and 10.

Edited by Fureys49ers

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’ve been starting to think the same. Both Fox and Ivey aren’t terrible defensively, just not a strength. But I’ve been starting to think if we could move off Fox and his contract that might be our best route, likelihood of it happening aren’t great though.

Take Ivey and offer DeAaron Fox to Detroit for Grant and #5. 

Mitchell - Ivey - Grant - Barnes - Sabonis 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

I'd dangle him to Washington for #10. Contracts would get tricky but the NBA is known for navigating them pretty well. I'd just go into a rebuild and try to get out of Fox's deal and move Holmes. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They should've held onto Haliburton and traded away Fox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'd dangle him to Washington for #10. Contracts would get tricky but the NBA is known for navigating them pretty well. I'd just go into a rebuild and try to get out of Fox's deal and move Holmes. 

KCP, Kuzma, Avdija and #10 works financially 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

That would be the deal I’d look for, throw in Holmes, and maybe Donte although I’m not sure how his contract and moving him works, who both could be helpful for the wizards. Run Davion, Ivey, Kuz, Barnes, Sabonis with Avdija, Lyles and pick 10 the first off the bench. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It does but it kinda negates the Wizards need for a win-now PG. It neuters their depth. They'd have Fox, Beal, Kispert, Porzingis, Gafford (or Bryant with an extension) as starters but nothing on their bench.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It does but it kinda negates the Wizards need for a win-now PG. It neuters their depth. They'd have Fox, Beal, Kispert, Porzingis, Gafford (or Bryant with an extension) as starters but nothing on their bench.

It'll be tough for Washington to add a veteran PG without sacrificing most of their depth because of KP/Beal's contracts.