2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Pretty much, no clear route to take. No perfect fit prospect where need and BPA line up. Grant helps this team and fits best with the players we have the most. Ivey is the best prospect at 4. I’m a fan of Murray but AJ Griffin is the best fit for need for the kings.

If you move Mitchell into a 6th man role then Ivey slots in as the starting two guard. He also gives you the flexibility to move Fox and roll with Mitchell/Ivey going forward. The only concern I'd have is that you'd be trading for Grant on a 1 year deal with Barnes on an expiring deal as well. 

Murray fits well with your group and so does Griffin but I think AJG might be a little further away from contributing. 

I think your best route is to just take Ivey at #4 because you can still dangle him as trade bait on draft night.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you move Mitchell into a 6th man role then Ivey slots in as the starting two guard. He also gives you the flexibility to move Fox and roll with Mitchell/Ivey going forward. The only concern I'd have is that you'd be trading for Grant on a 1 year deal with Barnes on an expiring deal as well. 

Murray fits well with your group and so does Griffin but I think AJG might be a little further away from contributing. 

I think your best route is to just take Ivey at #4 because you can still dangle him as trade bait on draft night.

I might be in the minority but I don’t think Mitchell and Fox should be running as starters together no matter what we do at 4. I’d hope that if we traded for Grant there’s a plan in place to keep him here for 2-4 years. Once Barnes money clears we can use it to keep Grant. If Ivey had shown just a little more consistency with his jumper and from distance he’d be a smash pick at 4

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

I might be in the minority but I don’t think Mitchell and Fox should be running as starters together no matter what we do at 4. I’d hope that if we traded for Grant there’s a plan in place to keep him here for 2-4 years. Once Barnes money clears we can use it to keep Grant. If Ivey had shown just a little more consistency with his jumper and from distance he’d be a smash pick at 4

I don't think you can start Mitchell over Ivey. Ivey gives you more size, length, and better perimeter shooting. Yeah you'd have to extend him but is he worth #4 and a sizeable extension? Ivey is a smash at #4 already as it is. He's not a great shooter but he improved his 3P% from 25% to 35% as a sophomore on more attempts per game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

OPJ is going to try to get paid. Don't see Golden State ponying up. 

He averaged 8/6 in the regular season and 5/3 in the playoffs. He's the same player that he has been he was just in a better role with the Warriors. With his injury history I can't see anyone giving him a big deal tbh.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Pistons could also take someone like Justin Lewis, Julian Champagnie, Ron Harper Jr, Johnny Juzang, etc at 46 and see if they can be anything. Not like the Pistons are playing for 2023 anyways.

They need to just pray that the Kings overthink it and take Murray so they can land Ivey. And then swing a Grant/Ayton swap.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He averaged 8/6 in the regular season and 5/3 in the playoffs. He's the same player that he has been he was just in a better role with the Warriors. With his injury history I can't see anyone giving him a big deal tbh.

Pistons can still give him more than the Warriors can. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Pistons can still give him more than the Warriors can. 

He has already made $125M in his career though so I'm not sure money will be the biggest factor for him. Does it really make sense for the Pistons to invest a sizeable deal into him either? He doesn't really fit their timeline.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think you can start Mitchell over Ivey. Ivey gives you more size, length, and better perimeter shooting. Yeah you'd have to extend him but is he worth #4 and a sizeable extension? Ivey is a smash at #4 already as it is. He's not a great shooter but he improved his 3P% from 25% to 35% as a sophomore on more attempts per game.

Ivey probably should be, we’ll see what happens.