2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

The Kings should be all over this to go with Ivey at 4

If you guys move Holmes without taking any salary back you'd be able to offer Bridges a max. If they don't want to lose him for nothing you could send Barnes back.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

From what I’ve read they can, would need to clear some space and it would be the end of their roster building.

They can afford to do it, just becomes a matter of if they value him that highly. They can always clear a ton of cap space by moving Hayward and/or Rozier for expiring deals.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

For a small market team though it's so hard to find talent and Bridges has improved every year. I'd assume they want to build around Ball/Bridges.

They still have 13 and 15 this year. 

Never know with MJ though. If Bridges wants to go home, I'm sure they could work something out.

Just now, beekay414 said:

They still have 13 and 15 this year. 

Never know with MJ though. If Bridges wants to go home, I'm sure they could work something out.

But outside of Ball, Bridges is really their only good young piece. Letting him walk makes them significantly worse. IIRC they were rumored to be interested in a Westbrook for Rozier/Hayward swap so that they could afford to pay Ball/Bridges. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But outside of Ball, Bridges is really their only good young piece. Letting him walk makes them significantly worse. IIRC they were rumored to be interested in a Westbrook for Rozier/Hayward swap so that they could afford to pay Ball/Bridges. 

Feels dirty but I’m asking the Lakers what else will you give me

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Feels dirty but I’m asking the Lakers what else will you give me

They really don't have any other assets and it'd just be to free up $47M in cap space for the Hornets while moving off of Hayward/Rozier.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They don't need to do that to afford Bridges. If they did that, they'd get significantly worse WITH Bridges. Rozier is a better player than Westbrook at this point. Oubre's money falls off after next year and then Hayward's the year after that. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

They don't need to do that to afford Bridges. If they did that, they'd get significantly worse WITH Bridges. Rozier is a better player than Westbrook at this point. Oubre's money falls off after next year and then Hayward's the year after that. 

Actually you're correct because LaMelo's extension won't even start until Hayward's deal is off the books. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Actually you're correct because LaMelo's extension won't even start until Hayward's deal is off the books. 

They have plenty of flexibility. If Mike's already using the Hayward/Rozier contracts as an excuse, there's a problem.