2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Cavs at 14 a team to watch with Jalen Williams?

“He is the biggest riser in this process – and rightfully so,” a league executive commented on Jalen Williams. “The more I watch, the more I like him. Plug-and-play guy. Can crack a rotation immediately. I think he’s a top 20 guy in this year’s draft.”

Probably my last mock before the draft, may do one more the morning of the draft. 

1. Orlando: Jabari Smith | F | Auburn

2. Oklahoma City: Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga

3. Houston: Paolo Banchero | F | Duke

4. Sacramento: Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue

5. Detroit: Benedict Mathurn | GF | Arizona 

6. Indiana: Keegan Murray | F | Purdue

7. Portland: Dyson Daniels | CG | G-League

8. New Orleans: AJ Griffin | GF | Duke

9. San Antonio: Jalen Duren | C | Memphis

10. Washington: Johnny Davis | CG | Wisconsin

11. New York: Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor

12. Oklahoma City: Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky

13. Charlotte: Mark Williams | C | Duke

14. Cleveland: Jalen Williams | GF | Santa Clara 

15. Charlotte: Ochai Agbaji | GF | Kansas

16. Atlanta: Tari Eason | F | LSU

17. Houston: Ousmane Dieng | F | New Zealand 

18. Chicago: Malaki Branham | GF | Ohio State

19. Minnesota: TyTy Washington | CG | Kentucky

20. San Antonio: Nikola Jovic | F | Serbia

21. Denver: Dalen Terry | GF | Arizona

22. Memphis: Kennedy Chandler | PG | Tennessee

23. Philadelphia: Jaden Hardy | CG | G-League

24. Milwaukee: Christian Braun | GF | Kansas

25. San Antonio: Blake Wesley | GF | Notre Dame

26. Houston: MarJon Beauchamp | GF | G-League

27. Miami: EJ Liddell | F | Ohio State

28. Golden State: Wendell Moore | GF | Duke

29. Memphis: Walker Kessler | C | Auburn

30. Denver: Kendall Brown | GF | Baylor

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably my last mock before the draft, may do one more the morning of the draft. 

1. Orlando: Jabari Smith | F | Auburn

2. Oklahoma City: Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga

3. Houston: Paolo Banchero | F | Duke

4. Sacramento: Jaden Ivey | CG | Purdue

5. Detroit: Benedict Mathurn | GF | Arizona 

6. Indiana: Keegan Murray | F | Purdue

7. Portland: Dyson Daniels | CG | G-League

8. New Orleans: AJ Griffin | GF | Duke

9. San Antonio: Jalen Duren | C | Memphis

10. Washington: Johnny Davis | CG | Wisconsin

11. New York: Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor

12. Oklahoma City: Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky

13. Charlotte: Mark Williams | C | Duke

14. Cleveland: Jalen Williams | GF | Santa Clara 

15. Charlotte: Ochai Agbaji | GF | Kansas

16. Atlanta: Tari Eason | F | LSU

17. Houston: Ousmane Dieng | F | New Zealand 

18. Chicago: Malaki Branham | GF | Ohio State

19. Minnesota: TyTy Washington | CG | Kentucky

20. San Antonio: Nikola Jovic | F | Serbia

21. Denver: Dalen Terry | GF | Arizona

22. Memphis: Kennedy Chandler | PG | Tennessee

23. Philadelphia: Jaden Hardy | CG | G-League

24. Milwaukee: Christian Braun | GF | Kansas

25. San Antonio: Blake Wesley | GF | Notre Dame

26. Houston: MarJon Beauchamp | GF | G-League

27. Miami: EJ Liddell | F | Ohio State

28. Golden State: Wendell Moore | GF | Duke

29. Memphis: Walker Kessler | C | Auburn

30. Denver: Kendall Brown | GF | Baylor

I'll bet you do at least three more before Thursday night. Also I would hate that for the Pistons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'll bet you do at least three more before Thursday night. Also I would hate that for the Pistons. 

The Pistons are in a weird spot if Ivey comes off the board at #4. Seems like Murray or Mathurin will be the pick but I don't love either guy.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Pistons are in a weird spot if Ivey comes off the board at #4. Seems like Murray or Mathurin will be the pick but I don't love either guy.

I like Murray more than Mathurin at this point.  We need a secondary scorer and playmaker.  I feel like he can become a better version of Grant. 

I would rather take some upside picks or trade down a few spots and grab Griffin, Duran, Sharpe, Mathurin (later) or Johhny Davis. Also I am at the point where Ivey is who I want so if we have to give up someone and 5, I would do it.  Or Grant and a future pick, which I know is a long ways out but still has some value given they get a piece to fit in now. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Murray more than Mathurin at this point.  We need a secondary scorer and playmaker.  I feel like he can become a better version of Grant. 

I would rather take some upside picks or trade down a few spots and grab Griffin, Duran, Sharpe, Mathurin (later) or Johhny Davis. Also I am at the point where Ivey is who I want so if we have to give up someone and 5, I would do it.  Or Grant and a future pick, which I know is a long ways out but still has some value given they get a piece to fit in now. 

Murray should be a solid secondary scorer but offers basically nothing as a playmaker. Sharpe has the highest upside of the guys that should be on the board but he's a risky pick. 

I'd probably call Sacramento and offer Grant for #4, he's probably the best player that they can realistically add that helps them win now.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Pistons should offer something like this @Sllim Pickens

Pistons receive: SGA, #12

Thunder receive: Saddiq Bey, Isaiah Stewart, Keon Johnson, #4, #7

Blazers receive: Jerami Grant 

Do you mean 5 instead of 4?  Not sure I would do that tbh.  I'd rather give up Grant for 7 and trade 5 and Bey for 4 to get Ivey.  I know SGA is more proven but injury prone and already on a big contract.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Do you mean 5 instead of 4?  Not sure I would do that tbh.  I'd rather give up Grant for 7 and trade 5 and Bey for 4 to get Ivey.  I know SGA is more proven but injury prone and already on a big contract.  

Yeah that was a typo, I meant #5. SGA is the best case scenario for Jaden Ivey. 

The Kings are becoming increasingly comfortable drafting at No. 4 in Thursday’s draft and have described a steep price for teams behind them in the lottery who are attempting to trade up, sources said. Sacramento general manager Monte McNair has engaged in conversations around Hawks forward John Collins — among a slew of other established, productive players in the market — but there has been no involvement of the No. 4 pick in the discussions centered on Collins, and McNair will ultimately make the decision on the pick, according to sources.

@Fureys49ers

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah that was a typo, I meant #5. SGA is the best case scenario for Jaden Ivey. 

Eh, Ja Morant is the best case scenario for Jaden Ivey.  SGA if he ever stays healthy and continues to improve would be great.  But I would still rather have Ivey at 6M for the next three years and then 8.5 and 11 for the next five years than SGA at 30-40M.  

Kentucky’s Shaedon Sharpe is the mystery man of the NBA Draft. Sharpe is a projected high lottery pick, and sources say he has conducted strong group workouts such as three-on-three and four-on-four scrimmages to showcase his ability for teams who have not seen him play organized basketball over the past year or two. Instead of conducting individual workouts, Sharpe sought the competition, working out for teams between the draft ranges of Nos. 1-13.

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Eh, Ja Morant is the best case scenario for Jaden Ivey.  SGA if he ever stays healthy and continues to improve would be great.  But I would still rather have Ivey at 6M for the next three years and then 8.5 and 11 for the next five years than SGA at 30-40M.  

Morant flashed significantly better playmaking ability than Ivey did while in college. I don't think Ivey is a PG in the NBA, he's probably best suited to be a secondary ball handler/creator. 24/5/6 on good efficiency is near the high end of potential Ivey outcomes. 

I'm not sure why Pistons fans are so obsessed with cap space, no big name FA's are signing there.

Edited by NYRaider