2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Other than speculation that someone was getting moved after the Mitchell pick I wasn’t aware that it was a real possibility at all until the trade happened. I like Sabonis enough though and his skill set is certainly needed in our front court. Mitchell I thought showed very well so as long as he and Fox keep progressing we’ll be alright. Absolutely need to shock the world and actually hit with this 4 pick though. 

Sabonis is a good player but you're sort of in no man's land right now. Not bad enough to really tank but not good enough to contend. Mitchell was okay last season but a Fox/Mitchell backcourt will be one of the smallest in the league, plus Sabonis isn't great defensively. Just hard to win when you can't defend.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sabonis is a good player but you're sort of in no man's land right now. Not bad enough to really tank but not good enough to contend. Mitchell was okay last season but a Fox/Mitchell backcourt will be one of the smallest in the league, plus Sabonis isn't great defensively. Just hard to win when you can't defend.

Definitely, that’s where I’m reading Murray being the pick. Above average defender, natural shooter who’s consistent, seems to have a natural feel about his game as well like Halliburton, provides some line up flexibility. Ivey has superstar athleticism but if both him and Fox and never find a consistent stroke we’re back at square one. Defensively we need a lot of help, have for a hot minute. It’s a mess both scheme and personnel wise, that won’t be fixed in a year. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

59 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Definitely, that’s where I’m reading Murray being the pick. Above average defender, natural shooter who’s consistent, seems to have a natural feel about his game as well like Halliburton, provides some line up flexibility. Ivey has superstar athleticism but if both him and Fox and never find a consistent stroke we’re back at square one. Defensively we need a lot of help, have for a hot minute. It’s a mess both scheme and personnel wise, that won’t be fixed in a year. 

Adding Ivey also gives you the same issue you just tried to solve by moving Haliburton, just too much premium draft capital invested into guards that can't really play together. 

The Knicks are reportedly enamored with Jaden Ivey but I wouldn't want to take back Randle if I were the Kings.

Something like this though...

Knicks receive: #4, Richaun Holmes 

Kings receive: Obi Toppin, Cam Reddish, #11

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Holmes wants out could rework it to be...

Kings receive: Noel, Toppin, Reddish, #11, 2024 1st (top 5 protected)

Knicks receive: Holmes, #4

I don't think NY is going to trade Reddish that quickly. 

Regardless, I know that Holmes wants out but the Knicks don't have the assets to acquire him and move up 7 spots in the draft.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't think NY is going to trade Reddish that quickly. 

Regardless, I know that Holmes wants out but the Knicks don't have the assets to acquire him and move up 7 spots in the draft.

Is Holmes really that valuable of an asset?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Holmes is a very good asset. I'm putting more weight into #4 than Holmes tho. Holmes and #4 is worth far more than what NYK can offer.

He'll be 29 years old next season and hasn't been able to stay healthy at all for years.