Sacksonville: The Next Orange Crush/Legion of Boom?

everlong

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

the '84 bears in comparison had 32 of their sacks come in 3 games (9, 11, 12).

That's how you break records like that. Need a couple/few crazy-*** games.

whats more scary is the jags still get the Texans OLINE and Colts oline again along with Seattles, Browns and the Bengals(im sorry but the entire oline sans Boling is terrible. 

you might be able to make the case for the Cardinals oline being classified as bad as well as the Chargers

Just now, LinderFournette said:

If we get Bortles Vs the Ravens or Colts then its Certainly Possible to carry Bortles. 

You dont get to play the Ravens or Colts all season long. Even if the Jags make the playoffs due to playing in the weakest division in football, I can't see them making an actual playoff run.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

You dont get to play the Ravens or Colts all season long. Even if the Jags make the playoffs due to playing in the weakest division in football, I can't see them making an actual playoff run.

all u gotta do is make the Playoffs and then its any given sunday.  If the Broncos d carried Tebow to the Playoffs then surely this Jags Defense can do the same. 

Look at the Remaining Schedule: Bengals, Chargers,  @browns, @Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Texans, @49ers, @titans. that Schedule Looks Pretty Winnable to me. 

the jags would be 6-1 If Benn doesnt get called for Holding and instead of a TD u settle for 3(theres other plays u can argue that could be changed(that Powell Long TD run looked awfully close to be down) and the jags would have beat the Rams if it wasnt for Crappy Special teams Play(1 KR TD, 1Punt Block TD, 1 Bad Punt Coverage(led to 3 points)

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

all u gotta do is make the Playoffs and then its any given sunday.  If the Broncos d carried Tebow to the Playoffs then surely this Jags Defense can do the same. 

Look at the Remaining Schedule: Bengals, Chargers,  @browns, @Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Texans, @49ers, @titans. that Schedule Looks Pretty Winnable to me. 

the jags would be 6-1 If Benn doesnt get called for Holding and instead of a TD u settle for 3(theres other plays u can argue that could be changed(that Powell Long TD run looked awfully close to be down) and the jags would have beat the Rams if it wasnt for Crappy Special teams Play(1 KR TD, 1Punt Block TD, 1 Bad Punt Coverage(led to 3 points)

Sorry but I don't buy its "every given sunday" in the playoffs. Jags can make the playoffs but I don't see them matching up well vs literally any competent team in the NFL.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sorry but I don't buy its "every given sunday" in the playoffs. Jags can make the playoffs but I don't see them matching up well vs literally any competent team in the NFL.

Dont remember the Pittsburgh game this year when Big Ben set a New Personal Record of 5 yes 5 INTS. 

sorry but i can see the jags matching up with pretty much any team that could make the playoffs.  this Jags Defense can and will do that. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Dont remember the Pittsburgh game this year when Big Ben set a New Personal Record of 5 yes 5 INTS

sorry but i can see the jags matching up with pretty much any team that could make the playoffs.  this Jags Defense can and will do that. 

Yes I remember.

I'm happy you're optimistic about your team. I just don't see it. Sorry.

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't see them matching up well vs literally any competent team in the NFL.

With how QB driven playoff teams tend to be, I’m not necessarily sure they matchup poorly with the playoff teams they’d face. The Pittsburgh game being the example of what they can do to competent QBs.

If they can string together the wins to get to the playoffs, I wouldn’t count them out making a little run. I don’t mean a Super Bowl win or even appearance, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the get themselves to the AFC Championship game the way of the Jets a handful of seasons ago.

This, however, is wholly contingent on if they can find the consistency that it would take to get to the playoffs. That would take a decent step forward, in my opinion. But if they take that step, find a way to continuously grit out games, I don’t see it as impossible.

currently they:

Lead the league in rushing

Lead the league in sacks

Lead the league in interceptions

Lead the league in fumbles forced

[fun fact - no team in NFL history has led the league in the trio of sacks, INTs and total turnovers. Through 7 games, the the Jaguars lead all 3]

Have the #1 and #2 ranked CBs in passer rating against

Allow 4.2 yards per PASS play

and are

2nd in the NFL in points allowed

6th in the NFL in yards allowed

9th in offensive points

10th in offensive yards

6th in the NFL in big plays on offense

And are the first team in a decade to have 4 blowout wins in the first 7 weeks of a season.

I think any time a team is good enough to make the playoffs, can shut down passing games, creates turnovers and puts at least average points on the board, they can win games in the playoffs. Will the Jaguars even get to the playoffs, I don’t know. But if they can play at a level that gets them there, they’ll be a tough out for whoever they face.

22 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If Alex smith could Improve from being pretty much hot trash Before Harbough then bortles can 2. 

Yeah, that’s not how it works. 

“If Tom Brady can be the GOAT, Chad Kelly can too.” 

Not to mention Alex Smith and Bortles were never similar, nor are they getting similar coaching.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Jacksonville is a QB away. Need to make a run at Cousins if they can.

cousins or Brees ;)  maybe a trade for Alex smitb but other then that theres not really any great replacements day 1 where we will be picking and i dont fully trust any of these Potential Rookies as a day 1 stud. 

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, that’s not how it works. 

“If Tom Brady can be the GOAT, Chad Kelly can too.” 

Not to mention Alex Smith and Bortles were never similar, nor are they getting similar coaching.

Look at Alex Smiths numbers Before 2011 then look at Bortles. 

both QBs were Bad yet 1 turned into a good/Great Game Manager. whos to say Bortles cant be that guy?  hes shown quite a few games this year of being a good Game Manager this season but hes had a couple of Stinkers like the titans game and 2 an extent the Jets game(the entire offense seemed like it was stuck in Neutral even Fournette wasnt doing great(3.6 YPC). 

Compare the Stats of Player x and Player Y. 

Player X: 54(19-34 record) games 57.1% Completion Percentage  51TDS 53INTS 6.2 Yards Per Attempt 34 Fumbles 

Player Y: 53(15-37 record) Games 58.8 Completion Percentage 78TDS 56INTS 6.6 Yards Per Attempt 33 Fumbles. 

Hint: 1 of these Guys is considered a Bust and 1 is now considered a good/great QB.  

i just find it funny when People think Alex smith has Been a good QB his entire Career when he was in Fact arguebly as Bad as Bortles and then Harbough the QB Guru fixs Alex smith into this good Game Manager QB and they draft Kapernick as Insurance and after 2 years they decide to roll with Kaepernick who was doing as good just about as  good as Smith was. 

Archived